A Promise To The Deceased

Okay, Ima be honest with you guys. I think this is the only chapter I've actually liked out of this whole thing! So yeah, I'm kinda proud of it, 'not to toot my own horn' or anything. (Reference, anyone? Anyone? No? Fine...) This one is pretty short guys, I'm sorry... 

WARNING: Angst, obviously, this chapter's a shorty and I thiiiiink that's it?

He threw you into his room and you panted as you looked up at him from the floor. His cold eyes burned into yours as you grinned though your cheeks were still red and stained with tears.

"Having fun?" He growled.

"For the first time since you've been out." You returned without a beat.

"I'm so glad." He sneered, "And what would you expect the repercussions would be to pulling this Houdini?"

And you huffed out a laugh, "Well I'd kindly accept my one way ticket to hell. If ya don't mind, I'd like to get that over with."

Slowly, a disbelieving smile broke across his face as he crouched down in front of you, pulling a gun from his pocket and pressing it against your cheek as his head tilted, "Is that what you think is gonna happen now? Ya think I'm gonna kill ya?" And he snickered, "Guess you're the one that misjudged me this time, kitten. Believe me, I'll show you hell, but I don't have ta kill ya to get ya there."

And he grasped your arm and hauled you to your feet.

"Hope you enjoyed that little victory, cause you won't get another." He muttered, dragging you out the door and down the hallway.

You didn't like this. Sure, you had gotten Em and Miss Williams away but...what about everyone else? What if he just snatched someone off the street and killed them in front of you? You didn't want to entertain the possibility...but you had to. If it came down to it, you supposed you'd have to throw yourself between the two and hope for the best....whatever that was.

"Shouldn't have crossed me, doll." He growled.

"Well I had to do something! I couldn't just let you do whatever you want!"

"That's exactly what my things are supposed to do. Whatever I want." He hissed and you gritted your teeth, "Good thing I ain't your thing then!"

He spun on his heel and stared down at you with narrowed eyes and a glare that could kill. "Thought we already made that part clear, sweetheart."

You tried pulling from his grasp but he pushed you into the wall, hitting your back against it with a loud thud and pain-filled hiss. He was in front of you again in a second and you couldn't convince yourself to look up at him if you wanted to.

"Oh darlin...I knew stupid choices were your strong suit, but this has got to beat some kind of record." His tone was eerily calm now and you forgot to breathe as your body froze up.

He had done it again, turned you into that helpless little girl...but regardless, you had to find some kind of defense against this side of him and snapping wasn't going to work, besides, you were too afraid to anyway.

Forcing a hoarse voice out, you managed to stumble out an excuse, "Y-you said that I couldn't disobey you or try and run...You never told me that I couldn't help anyone else to escape....A-and if you think about it, I wasn't really trying to escape at all, I was just trying to be a distraction...S-so I didn't break the rules...not really...A-and I did everything else you said. I-I picked the color tie and I tied it for you. I even...kissed you." The words stuck in your throat at first, causing you to force them out.