Desperate Measures

I...did not work very hard on this one. I tried but I was kinda distracted throughout writing it and I'm definitely gonna have to come back and fix it up, and I do mean that, but I wanted to give you guys something to hold you over cause the next one might take a little while. Also it's...kinda short too. Like...2 scenes-

Anyways! Yes, I'm here again, I didn't leave you hanging this time. Mwah mwah, I still love you, don't worry. 

It's Memorial Day here so God rest the souls of the soldiers that have died fighting for our collective countries, and God bless and keep the ones that are currently doing so, and, of course, our veterans.

WARNINGS: Slightly suggestive content(calm down, both of you, eye-wash people and zombies alike, there's not that much, really its just one line...i think-?); there may be some little bit of out-of-characterness because...well...some people be pissed in this one; I think there also may be some confusion on the timeline...I'm just so confused, where the hell in the week am I? Okay, that came out wrong, I know what day it is...wait...no...okay, I just checked and it's Monday. But that's not what I meant. I meant in the story. What day was it the last time I said it was a specific day and when did I say she was gonna leave? I'm lost and its my own damn fault because I can't keep track of things for the life of me. Let's just pretend it's Wednesday...err...Thursday? No...Wednesday. I think-Nvm, just...read the damn chapter, okay?

This...was probably the stupidest idea you had ever had, but you blamed Jennie for suggesting it (not really but you liked to tell yourself that).

You had no idea if this was the right thing to do but nothing else was working and after having replayed your shrink's earlier argument over and over in your head, you decided it might be worth a shot. It made a little bit of sense, and right now 'sense' was in short supply.

You knew, knew that this could blow up in your face, that it probably would. But you were in desperate need of something that resembled normal for you and, as much as you loathed to admit it, he was the only thing you could think of besides your cat that fell into that category.

With a heavy heart, after twenty minutes of sitting in the passenger's seat of Jennie's car, her waiting patiently as you were lost in your thoughts, you unbuckled yourself and opened the door.

Wordlessly, you made your way to the doors, her right beside you, slowing her pace to match with your dragging feet. You reached out a hand for the latch of the door after the security guard had cleared you both, only to be stopped by a gentle grip on your wrist and your gaze sluggishly rose to meet hers.

"You don't have to do this." She stated firmly, "It was my suggestion, but that was all it was. My opinion. You are not obligated at all to do this. If you don't want to do this, please don't. We can still walk away."

"Let me ask you something, Jennie..." Your soft voice met her ears. "If there was any other option you could think of, would you have suggested it?"

She bit the inside of her cheek, eyes trailing away from yours and you smiled, a tender smile that held an overpowering amount of understanding, so much that she felt her heart ache for you and your selflessness.

"Then there's not much of a choice, is there?" You sighed, hand lifting to touch her shoulder lightly. "If you don't want to go in, you don't have to. I should do this alone anyway. I don't want him to know who you are. I'd rather he not know anything more about me than he already does."

Her eyes were wide as she stared at you, for a moment not being able to find her voice through her shocked state, but when she finally did, it burst out. "No!"