Roses Are Red But So Is Blood

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." ~ Dr. Seuss

I love Dr. Seuss, he makes me feel special🥺

Anyway! Welcome back me! I know I've been gone for a while, I hope you didn't miss me too much...Okay, fine, how much did you miss me? I like to feel appreciated, sue me.

So what ravings of a lunatic do I have for you today? Well, I don't like the taste of pineapples, I just like how they look because they look freaking awesome. I have no idea if I've told you this before but oh well, I'm telling you again. 

Fun fact about me: I love Jerome, crazy right?

Btw, do I bother you guys with my long intros? If so, I'm sorry, I just really really like talking and there's no one around here for me to say random crap to ...That sounded way sadder then I meant it to. I'm not super lonely I promise, I just meant I don't have to filter out my insanity for you guys.

WARNINGS: I do make a reference to a show you may not have seen before called 'NCIS', which you should watch if you haven't seen it, if you like Criminal Minds you'll probably like it, it came before CM though, in fact, it probably inspired a lot of it. Also! Some angst(did you ever doubt there would be? If you did, shame on you, you non-believer). Some bloody...stuff? I mean it's not really violence, there are just references of blood and...yeah I don't know how to explain. Language? I actually don't remember...Uhhh I think that's it?? Oh! And my deepest apologies to the zombie folks, I'm afraid you'll have to hold on a little longer. OH! And there is no Jerome in this chapter, sorry, I just couldn't fit him into my busy schedule(I don't have a schedule)

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. You? Leaving? It was such a ridiculous and unthinkable thought and he wanted to voice his confusion but could find nothing to say, so he only stared and hoped that was enough to convey his shock.

You watched Jim's reaction of his eyes growing wide and jaw loosening ever so slightly to allow his mouth to fall a little open in confusion. You didn't know what else to do besides repeat yourself and hopefully get him to understand your words if he hadn't before.

"I'm leaving Gotham." You repeated with a furrowed brow and a touch of his shoulder to possibly jog him out of his head, wherever he was in it.

That seemed to, at the very least, get his mouth working again. "You--but--why?" He stammered. Maybe it wasn't much of anything but at least it got the 'confused' part across.

You chuckled. "Really Jim? 'Why'? I can't think of a reason I should stay."

You had a point..."Well...we all love you here. This is your home, isn't it?"

You smiled sadly at that, looking down at your hands that gripped your purse as if it was being ripped from you to keep yourself from breaking.

"I love this town. I really do. Even though I can't exactly place why. And it did feel like home once...but that time has passed. And now there's something so...dark and cruel about this place. Like it's out to get me. And it won't stop until it does...Jim..." You unclasped one hand from around your purse to wrap your arm around your middle, "I see him everywhere I go."

Tears built up in your eyes at the confession. "Every night I'm afraid the door will burst open and he'll be standing there...All that separates us is a thick wall and a couple of guards. I can't live like this, Jim. I wouldn't even call what I've been doing for the past month 'living'."

You were right. Your concerns were all valid and it made perfect sense for you to leave.

But...

He didn't want to let you go, didn't want to say goodbye, but he also knew that you were just a kid. A kid who should never have been forced to go through all this pain. He loved you very dearly, you were a wonderful person and a great friend. You didn't deserve what this town was constantly putting you through.