Great Cost

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆Amelia。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Amelia stumbled. Trying to regain her balance as she landed back in her time, her hands on the platform keeping her steady her "did we get them all?" she hopefully questioned.

"you're telling me this'll actually work?" she grinned at Rhodey. That was when she realized one person was missing. She swallowed harshly, her mind going into overdrive.

"Where's Nat?" she slowly questioned, she knew the answer, but she didn't want to. Seeing Clint she knew the answer. She didn't want to. Not Natasha.

"Clint, where's Nat?" she covered her mouth, her eyes welling up, her hands had started shaking in fear, the balance she tried to regain was all gone, she fell back into the platform, feeling Steve's arms around her. Her best friend was dead.

Sitting silently by the lakeside Amelia was deep in thought. How was she gonna say this to Yelena? To Alexei and Melina?

"do we know if she had any family?"

"yeah. Us."

"what?" Thor asked confused "Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right? So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together!" Amelia now placed her head in her hands.

"We can't get her back."

"what?"

"it can't be undone, it can't"

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Enough!" Amelia yelled at them. Silencing them.

"It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM! It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it." Amelia rubbed Clint's shoulder.

"I just wanna take her home." Amelia whispered, they all finally looked at her. Clint nodded. She wanted to keep Natasha's grave in Ohio. She flinched when Bruce threw the bench in anger and pain.

Natasha Romanoff is dead.

Amelia stared at her phone, Melina Vostokoff's number pulled up. She pressed the phone to her ear, listening to the ringing anxiously. "Mia! I was just about to call, Natalia isn't taking my calls. Do you know where she is?"