04

Astrology is refined bullshit in your opinion. Dead stars have nothing to do with how your life map was laid out the day you were born. But lately you've been pondering the concept of stars moving and aligning when you found yourself spending more time debating it out with Jimin among other things. You frequently hung out after your day at a fastfood place with him.

"Are you seriously telling me that you, Park Jimin, who's studying to be a lawyer; a job that – mind you – is based on facts and solid evidence, believe in the fucking stars?"

"There are a lot of things in this life you can't explain, Y/N. Besides, astrology is science. They studied it going back as far as when Jesus and his homeboys were still on a world tour," you never understood why he was so passionate about this whole thing but you let it pass.

"It's like being in love or just generally feeling things you've never felt before," he shrugs.

"That doesn't even make sense. I feel like I'm voluntarily killing my last brain cell by talking to you."

"Hmm, maybe that's your Venus sign. Go ask Mister Capricorn with the ramen head over there," you shook your head in disbelief and pointed at Taehyung who was busy with his readings while listening to music,

"Even you?!" Taehyung looks up and takes his airpods out to hear you better.

"Sorry, what was that?"

That one lunch with Jimin progressed into an everyday thing – you hung out with him and Taehyung a lot more often nowadays in a diner Taehyung liked so much. Sometimes Hana and her boyfriend Heesung would join the three of you. Then the both of them joined your study group which was of great help because both of them were the creme de la creme of your batch. When they asked if they could tag along with you and Hana when you said you had to visit your mom – you said yes. Your mom was as lovely as ever, treating your friends like her own as she made a lot of tteokbokki as you requested.

"Sweetheart, go with your friend to the rooftop and enjoy your break. I can manage these," your mother waves you off with her hands.

"Will you just let me help you with the dishes? I've always helped you around," you looked at her with somber eyes as a protest.

She pushed you to the stairs and urged you to go up until the both of you stopped bickering when Jimin ascended with a surprised look on his face.

"Uhm sorry did I interrupt something?"

"No no, I was just telling Y/N to follow the rest of you upstairs. Do you need anything?" your mother plastered a friendly smile at him, he shook his head at the question.

"Oh, I was just about to use the restroom," he excused himself.

"Mom–"

"Just go!" You stomped your way with heavy footsteps.

To be fair, your mother did have a lot of dishes to wash after all the meals she prepared and you felt bad that she had to do them on her own. Once she sees that you're finally at the rooftop, she heads back to the kitchen to finish all the dishwashing.

"Ma'am? Can I help you there?" Jimin shyly enters the small kitchen.

"I'm fine, just join the others upstairs," she smiles at him but he doesn't budge. He just continued walking to the sink and grabbed a pair of gloves, silently washing the dishes while your mother stood there in shock.

"Jimin, you don't really have to help me in here," she frowns but Jimin only smiled at her.

"I don't really mind, ma'am. Besides, the meals were great"