15

Namjoon had called the legal team working on Jungkook's case to discuss a few changes. By few he meant major changes in the team who will be handling it. He and Yoongi tried to make your workload on Jungkook's case lighter than usual. You had a hunch about it already but didn't want to put much thought into it. Your work is the only distraction you need and have right now.

"As you all know by now, Han Dong-il is fond of pulling dirty tricks at the expense of others. Atty. Choi was one of them. Thankfully, she's still with us today although I wish none of these happened to you, Ms. Choi."

He remained stoic with eyes that embedded somber.

"That being said, we've decided to hold a quick meeting to run a few things through with all of you. First, Atty. Min and I have decided to pull Atty. Choi out of this case. For the meantime, she will be handling our other cases that wouldn't jeopardize her well-being. Atty. Min will be personally representing Jeon Jungkook effective today"

Your blood boiled at the decision your bosses have made. Temper and frustration pumped through your veins when you slammed your hand on the table.

"That's ridiculous! If I you think I'm incompetent for representing Jeon's case to take me off the table, I would completely understand that but I know I'm not. Atty. Kim, Atty. Park, and I have worked our asses off, day and night, just to tie loose ends after another. We're this close to solving it."

"Atty. Choi, I know where you're coming from. But until this case is closed and things get better for you, we'd have to keep you on the sidelines for a while. I know how hard this is for you but you have to understand that the firm is also after your well-being. This is only temporary."

Namjoon ran through the other key changes and strategies they plan to implement. Your body was present but your mind drifted elsewhere. You peeked at Jimin whose face you couldn't read. He looked calm sitting across you yet his demeanor was tense. You wished you knew what went inside his head.

You only snapped out of your thoughts when the meeting was adjourned, rushing out of the conference room with a scowl, making your way to the rooftop where you can be alone. Unbeknownst to you, your boyfriend had followed you on your way out.

You angrily pushed the door as you ran your hand through your hair.

"Y/N what the fuck was that all about?!" Jimin held your arm but you pulled it away aggressively.

"What? I thought you were on my side!"

"I am but that was uncalled for," his hands rested on his waist as he looked at you with so much frustration. He understood why you were acting this way but he didn't know why you didn't control your emotions better.

"What's uncalled for was pulling me out as if I fucked everything up in my job."

"But it is! Everything is fucked up, Y/N!" you stood in shock at Jimin's words. He was breathing heavily from his sudden outburst.

"What do you mean by everything's fucked up, Jimin?" he stayed silent.

"Say it, damn it! What do you mean with what you said?!" you kept pushing his chest wanting for him to speak up more, making him stumble slightly backwards, but he didn't stop you. He just stood there looking at the ground.

"I said everything is fucked up. This whole shitty ass circus with that son of the fucking devil Han and Jeon. You and me. The baby I never knew of because you never told me about your fucking pregnancy just because you wanted to be that one lawyer who acquits that Jeon bastard who still won't speak his shit is what's fucked up."

His body shook in anger and all you could do was stand there frozen in your spot as if a cold water was splashed right in the face.

"Okay," you remained stoic, just staring emotionless at him.

"Y/N stop acting like a brat," he sighs.

"Save it, Park."

"Oh, so we've moved on from first name to last name basis now? What happened to calling me Jagi?"

Jimin bitterly chuckled with how you were acting towards him. His hand washed over his face in disappointment then running it along his beautiful hair. 'Damn the silent treatment later at home's gonna be a bitch' he thought.

"That's Atty. Choi for you," you stared at him blankly, taking in his shocked image before you made your way out of the rooftop.

Jimin stood there alone with his thoughts. Your words felt like they were going to be the last thing you'd tell him. His heart dropped at the thought of you walking out of his life. He wanted to run after you but he knows he shouldn't. He wanted to beg for you to stay but then again, Jimin never begs; he lets things go their way. However, you weren't just something to him.

"Fucking shit, I need a drink," he groaned as he stood there alone.

After you stormed out on Jimin, you rushed out of the office building, clutching onto your bag that you had rushed to get, and hail a cab and head home earlier than him. On the ride home, you scrolled through your phone contacts until your eyes landed on the name you were looking for. The other line rang four times before it was picked up.

"Y/N? Hey!" Hana greets you with so much excitement.

"Hi, Hana. Sorry I haven't been calling you as much lately. Had to deal with life."

"It's cool, I understand. How have you and Jimin been doing?" The tears choked you up but you still tried to sound perfectly fine. The cab driver peeks at you through his rearview mirror and gives an apologetic look.

"We– uhm. We're kinda complicated now," Hana stayed silent for a while trying to process the news. She knew exactly why you called and what you needed at the moment.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Wanna come over? We have a spare room," you giggled at her astuteness.

"Actually, can I extend my stay for 2 weeks? I promise to help you out with Areum. I'm not a bum roommate."

Hana laughs at the other line. She and Jimin were one of the few people who could read you without needing to explain yourself further. It's rare to find people who understood your soul and you were grateful to have found Hana in this lifetime.

"Sure, no worries! Where are you coming from by the way?"

"I'll just get a few things at home then get a cab again," you looked at the road to find that you're almost near yours and Jimin's house.

"Alright, update me from time to time."

"Will do," you ended the phone call, tossing the phone inside your bag aimless as you tried to fish out your wallet. When you've finally found your wallet to pay the driver, the pregnancy test you had kept fell out of your purse. You hand in your cash as soon as you can and pick up the positive stick as you get off.

"Well that was short lived," you stared at the stick with tears escaping your eyes before deciding to toss it in the trash.

As soon as you got inside, you rushed to your shared bedroom to pack two weeks worth of clothes and toiletries. You stood up to your dresser to pack some of your makeup until your eyes fell on a sticky note; debating whether or not you should leave a note for Jimin.

"What's the use? He never listens when he's mad."

You walked out of your house, luggage and all, gave it a last glance before you headed your way over to Hana's place.