13

Everything just went downhill mentally for Jimin after that call. He always tried to woo his way to spend time with you in the most unsuspicious way he could think of when in reality he was shaking to the core with so much fear. Jimin was the sweetest boyfriend anyone could ever dream of – well, clingy as how you'd put it. 

It seemed like a sweet gesture at first but you were starting to get irritated with him being too clingy.

"Jagi, I'm heading out to run errands. Anything you want?"

"What errands?" He watched you slip on your shoes.

"Uh grocery?"

"I'm coming with you. Let me grab the car keys,"

'Great! How am I supposed to squeeze in my doctor's appointment now?' you mentally groaned in protest as you watched him stand up from his seat and rummaged through drawers.

"Found them yet?" You straightened out your blouse while waiting for him.

"Got it! Let's go?" He looked at you for a second, making you cock your head to the side with the way he stared at you.

"What?" He shook his head.

"Nothing– just. You look different lately," you stood there frozen at his comment.

'I haven't told him yet but my pregnancy weight is giving it away,' you thought.You wanted to seem like you weren't thrown off guard so you quickly quipped.

"A good different or a bad one?" He shakes his head

"A good one. You look glowing, Jagi," he smiles at you with an endearing look. The way he would always look at you melted your heart even after how many years of being with him.

"I actually thought I looked like trash while working on Jungkook's case," you giggled.

Jimin suddenly zones out as Han Dong-Il runs on his mind again. He thought about losing Jungkook's case on purpose but his heart wasn't all for it. He knows his actions can cause greater damage if he did. When he took the oath, he promised to fulfill duties and responsibilities he was asked of. If he were in Jungkook's shoes, he'd also want to move hell and heaven just to get his life back."Can we not talk about work on a weekend?" he suddenly turned serious.

"Oh okay. Sorry"

"Nah, it's fine. I'm sorry for spoiling the mood"

His apologies meant more than just a simple sorry. If only he could bring himself to tell you all the fears that ate him whole and kept him awake at night. He could but he wouldn't. Worrying you was the last thing he wanted to do. Jimin has always wanted to make you feel safe and at peace even if it meant sacrificing his own mental well-being.

The day for Jungkook's arraignment had finally come. Your team had to get on the judge's best side today for a better chance to acquit him. His family sat on the benches, mentally praying that everything that you had prepared for his freedom wouldn't come in vain. On the farther end of the courtroom sat his girlfriend wearing big, rounded glasses. Silently hoping that everything goes well for him.

Jimin and Hoseok had already arrived straight from the office, setting everything down as they sat beside Jungkook patiently waiting for you and Taehyung who was currently in a clutch with something important. You on the other hand were stuck in traffic after doing your part of the research.

"Jungkook, we got this alright. You'll be out of it in no time, promise," Hoseok reassures him but Jungkook just looked straight ahead.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me empty promises," Jungkook says with little to no emotion.