19

A bleep is how you would describe how your time apart with Jimin went by.

You had moved into your new apartment and tried your best to make it as cozy as you can but it just felt like a regular house. The feeling was almost similar to when you and Hana had shared a flat back in law school. Your sense of home was still with Jimin but you had to do what you thought was needed.

The neighborhood you were in was lovely to say the least. Everyone was friendly – you even had Taehyung's girlfriend and Jungkook's family as your neighbors. On your first day, Taehyung's girlfriend welcomed you warmly and would often greet you when you passed by the streets. You didn't know she was his girlfriend until you saw Taehyung waiting by her door one day. It gets crazier for you when you suddenly bumped into Jungkook who was on his way out to meet up with his girlfriend.

"Atty. Choi?"

"Jungkook? Hey," you stood in complete shock.

"I didn't know you and Atty. Park moved here. Liking this place so far?"

"I– uhm yeah. It's really nice here. Kinda different from where we used to live," you shrugged.

"This is a peaceful neighborhood so I think you'd enjoy your stay here. It was nice seeing you again, Attorney. See you around!" the both of you waved goodbye at each other.

Taehyung walks in on a busy Jimin who used overworking to death as a coping mechanism to stray his mind off of you. It has been a year since you left him with the only clue at hand that Hana was there with you the day you packed all your things and left. Jimin was too busy buried in work to even notice Taehyung towering over his slouched figure.

A red envelope that Taehyung handed silently finally caught his attention.

"What's this? A piece of trash?"

"A wedding invitation to my wedding. Consider yourself lucky," Jimin's brows furrowed as he opened the invitation and gave it a quick glance; it wrote Taehyung and his fiance's name in cursive letters.

"And why the fuck is that?"

"Because I even invited you," Taehyung smirks at him, making Jimin click his tongue.

"Look at you getting married earlier than me and Y/N, all cocky and shit. Tell your fiance that I extend my deepest sympathies for picking the corniest one in the bunch"

"Seriously? This isn't a competition on who goes first, Jimin," Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"I know but it makes this friendship exciting. Also, why else wouldn't you invite me?"

"Because Y/N's going."

Jimin was too in shock to process what Taehyung had just said. He couldn't fathom with the idea or the fact that he's finally going to see you a year after you two had broken up. A lot of people advised him to seek the help of a personal investigator to look for you but he didn't want to invade your privacy like that.

"W-what? You found her?"

"Actually, I didn't. Jungkook did"

"Wait what who– Jeon JungCOCK? Shut up!"  Taehyung snorted at the nickname.

"You gotta stop teasing him about it. It's been like what? A year. Free Jungkook, man."

"Uh I think not? That shit's too golden to let it die. Probably the highlight of my career after acquitting him."

Taehyung laughed at the look Jimin's face had plastered. He could never wrap his head around how his friend can be in distress yet still pull a joke – an inside joke only the two of them and Jungkook knew of.