11

Your itinerary of the day included Jeon Jungkook for the first time. Gathering testimonies and evidence weren't your favorite thing to do but someone has to do the job. You sat amok beside Jimin and Taehyung, listening to their fingers tap on the wooden table. You constantly looked over to the wall clock to check the time – you've spent an hour sitting and waiting already.

"Is this kid showing up or not?" Jimin irritatedly glanced at his own watch.

"Just hold it together a little longer," you sighed, peeking at Taehyung and Jimin.

"We already wasted so much time just by sitting," Taehyung mumbled.

You were only allotted an ample amount of time to interrogate Jungkook today but all the waiting has eaten up so much time. It seemed as if he was doing it on purpose. You felt bad for the guy. The fact that nobody wanted to take his case probably made him lose all hope that was left inside of him which explains his behavior.

The doors suddenly open, revealing a cuffed Jungkook who looked bored. When he lifted his head up, he only chuckled bitterly to see the three lawyers who wanted to see him.

"Well that's news," an unamused Jungkook says.

"Hi, Jungkook. I'm Atty. Choi Y/N and this is Atty. Park Jimin and Atty. Kim Taehyung. We will be handling your case and representing you during your trials," you held out your hand to him but he only raised his cuffed hands at you, opting to bow instead.

"Sorry, I'm restrained."

"It's fine," you reassured.

"Mr. Jeon, would you like to go through what you did during the time you worked for Han Architecture, Inc.? And please, be specific. We don't have much time," Taehyung looks at him sternly.

"Nothing special actually. I'm just a regular engineer doing what an engineer should be doing. Not so groundbreaking right? Oh wait, I also partake in groundbreaking ceremonies too," Jimin wasn't having it. This guy made all of you wait just to say simple sentences was beyond him.

"He said specific with a please. Now, go over and say that again," displease dripped in Jimin's voice and watched as Jungkook lazily looked back at him, rolled his eyes, and stretched his legs out.

"I got hired as an engineer for Han Architecture, Inc. three years ago right after passing the Architect Licensure Examination. The senior engineers made my first 2 years hell but I fared well if I do say so myself," he chuckled.

You were always good at reading people and their feelings. It's something that was bound to happen if anyone lived in the same house as old roommate Hana who was the biggest empath that you know. Your eyes painted sadness as you watched how Jungkook tried to cover up how defeated he felt. Deep inside your heart, no matter how the world tried to shut him up, you knew this man was innocent. But as a lawyer, he remains innocent until proven guilty.

"I regularly inspected on-going project sites most of the time. Sometimes drawing extensive blueprints, checking on wiring, listing and requesting for the materials that were needed during a construction, and explaining proposals & timelines during biddings like what I'm doing now."

"You said part of your job was to list and request for the construction materials. Your previous employer claimed that you've been overpricing materials. Would you like to talk about that?" Jungkook scoffed, making Jimin's eye twitch. The string that held his patience was wearing thinner and thinner by the minute.

"The materials are already fucking expensive. Do you think they wouldn't notice if I hiked up the price even more? The higher ups are cheapskates who always urged us to use low grade materials instead. Do you even know what the water tasted like in our sites?" All of you stayed mum, waiting for him to go on.