16

Hana greeted you warmly with a tight hug that lasted for a good minute. She knew you needed one even if you never asked. She wasn't called a best friend for nothing. You were accompanied to your room and helped you settle your things before she excused herself to prepare hot tea for the both of you to talk over.

Once you have put all your things away properly, you open your phone to message the law firm's HR about your sudden filing of absence.

After sending your text, you decided to go out of your room and help Hana with setting up the tea but she had already finished by then

After sending your text, you decided to go out of your room and help Hana with setting up the tea but she had already finished by then. She plops herself down to sit, motioning for you to come over and have a cup, pouring chamomile tea in it.

"I'm just in disbelief that you and Jimin would end up on bad terms. I always thought you'd end up with each other. What exactly happened?"

"Hana..." you held on your cup tightly as she patiently waited for you to open up.

"It's okay, Y/N. Whenever you're ready," she reassures you. You took a deep breath as soon as you felt you could go on with how everything went.

"I–I was pregnant"

"Was?"

"Yeah, uhm. We lost the baby because I was ambushed a few months ago. I just.. I just woke up and I felt empty like I knew I had lost the baby already but it didn't sink in until Jimin and I got home. We never talked about ever and just, you know, kind of had crazy schedules and arraignments to prepare for," you sobbed.

"And then earlier today, I was pulled out of the case I was so close to solving. That's when me and Jimin had the biggest fight of our lives for the first time. He just... exploded out of anger. Anger that I didn't know he felt towards me," you cried as Hana held you in her arms, soothing your back to help you calm down.

"Shhh, let it all out."

"I shouldn't be crying anymore, Hana. My tears should've ran dry from crying so much already," you chuckled but Hana only looked at you with a frown.

"It's completely okay to cry. Sadness is part of the basic human emotion, don't rob yourself of that right. It's just that you both haven't figured things out yet. Take all the time that you need right now, Y/N. You're responsible for your own healing. Besides, you can stay here as long as you want"

You looked up at her, "Really?"

"Yeah, why no–"

Hana was cut off when heard a familiar voice. Your eyes widened to see Heesung, Hana's ex boyfriend of 2 years, announced his arrival.

"I'm home! O-oh hey, Y/N"

"What the hell's going on?! I thought you broke up?"

"We did but we're kinda together again," You looked at them back and forth, wanting an explanation. Today was indeed full of surprises for you.