14

'Where am I?'

You wake up to white walls and the scent of antiseptic mixed with a heavy emotion that lingered in the air in the room you were currently admitted to. Everything felt like a nightmare until you felt the pang of your wounds and emptiness that pulled you back to reality.

'It's....gone?'

You knew it instantly the minute you woke up. The room was awfully too quiet for your liking. You wanted to cry so bad but your body can't bring yourself to do so. Was it the unbearable pain that blocked your emotions or was it the exhaustion your body went through after spending an ample amount of time on the operating table? You wish you knew the answer to that.

You tried to fix your blurry vision as you looked around the room, hoping that there was someone who could fill you in. At the same time, you wished it weren't your boyfriend Jimin because how the hell do you explain everything to him while you were still disoriented? Your eyes landed on a certain messy black haired figure that slumped tiredly at the foot of your bed.

"J-Jimin."

Jimin was a heavy sleeper but ever since you got out of the ICU, the man's blood pumped caffeine trying to stay awake incase you woke up anytime. He wanted to be the first person you saw when you opened your eyes so he could give you all the comfort and reassurance you needed in case you broke down in tears.

"Jagi? Holy shit, you're awake! Tae, she's awake! Get the doctor!"

'Too loud,' you thought but your throat was too dry to even blurt out any sentence. Taehyung rushes inside your room with relief and dejection etched on his face. Relieved that you were now awake, dejected because of you and Jimin's loss. He simply nodded his head and paced out.

Jimin could only look at you with sad eyes but didn't want to say anything at the moment. He badly wanted answers but he knew he needed to wait for when you were ready to talk about everything that happened that fateful day. He reached for your hand, holding it tightly, and kissed the back of it numerous times. He wanted to hug you tight but he was too afraid he might hurt you if he did.

Not long after, the doctor comes in to check in on you.

"Hi Ms. Choi, I'm Doctor Bae. I need you to follow my finger," The doctor flashes a light and puts a finger near you and you obediently follow the direction it leads. He nodded his head as he turned the light off.

"All good. Any discomfort you're currently feeling now?" You shook your head.

"I feel like shit," you tried to laugh it off but it felt like air was getting cut off your body. Your doctor looked at you sadly.

"You were put in a medically induced coma after suffering blood loss from the gunshots. You were lucky a bullet missed your major organ by a hare."

'What's so lucky about this?' You wanted to snort at what the doctor said.

"I would also like to regretfully inform you that you lost your baby while we were resuscitating you. By any chance, did you know you were pregnant?" You nodded your head again, trying to avoid Jimin's eyes that widened.

"Y-yes. Six weeks going seven"

Doctor Bae remained tight lipped as he said he extended his apologies for your loss before making his way out. Taehyung felt the heaviness of the situation also in yours and Jimin's auras so he chose to excuse himself. He's had a fair share of depressing encounters but nothing like the situation that he had to witness today. His heart broke for the both of you, never imagining something like this would happen.

"Since when have you been pregnant?"

Today's job was to nod your head at every question that was thrown your way.