09 🔞

"Hey, look at us," Jimin says as spreads his arms out. "Who would have thought? Not me."

"The three of us working in the same firm isn't that deep," a tired Taehyung takes a sip of his hot chocolate.

"I wonder why that is?" you snickered while looking at Taehyung teasingly who just rolled his eyes at you.

"Apparently, someone's gonna die if he's too far from his soulmate and I come as a package deal now," Jimin quipped while making a face.

You and Jimin were having too much time making fun of Taehyung being clingy on the first day of work. You couldn't blame the guy. Even you were so used to the three of you always around each other that if ever you three worked elsewhere, you'd surely miss seeing each other.

The thought of applying to different firms without a backing wracked your brains so much. You've sent countless applications to numerous law firms around Seoul and even made a list of the top firms you wanted to get in. You also started manifesting because your boyfriend says it's a good start on working on your goals.

The word 'grateful' wasn't even enough when Taehyung offered you and Jimin a place to work. You didn't want to accept it at first because you didn't feel deserving of it. It felt like it was handed to you and not worked for but your friend reassures you that you can always earn your spot when you're there.

The past 4 years have been nothing but great for your relationship with Jimin. It was the healthiest relationship you and him had ever been in. For two years, you lived separately – he drove to your flat to fetch you going to work and drove you back home safely.

The routine was working just fine until there were days that either one of you had to work overtime and you found out how tiring it is for Jimin to wake up extra early and drive back late in the evening. You felt sorry for the guy even if he insisted that he didn't mind doing it at all so you both decided to meet in the middle and just live in one house that's near your office to save time and energy.

Jimin always spoke his mind and would constantly make comments on every house that you've looked at. You constantly pinched his arm to stop him, apologizing to the poor realtors that were just helping the both of you out.

"Jagi, what do you think of this countertop?" you stared at the slab of marble he was pointing at.

"It's okay? It's just a regular kitchen counter," he motions you to come over with his hand.

"Now, try leaning on it, go"

"Wh-what?" You were so confused but still did it anyway. Your eyes grew as he stood behind you, holding your waist with both hands.

"Nope, too high"

You never thought the day would come when Jimin had finally found the house he thinks is perfect. On your part, you didn't really have anything particular in mind when you went house hopping. The houses that the realtors showed were all equally beautiful. You would've gotten any of them and you'd be happy.

Thinking about your mom visiting you and Jimin also excited you as you grew up in a smaller space compared to all of the homes you've been in your entire life. You saw how the realtor finally relieved as he watched Jimin check every corner of the house with a smile on his face.

"This is perfect! How about you, Jagi? What do you think?" You smiled as you hugged him from behind.

"As long as you're happy then I'm happy," he kissed your cheek.

"There's even a garden here. We can have dogs or cats or whatever animal you want. Mr. Im, you allow pets here right?"

"Yes, sir. This is a family friendly neighborhood. A lot of homeowners here have pets as well."