Her Plan

Anne was in her quarters; she was fuming. During the festivities, she noticed how much Callum would look at Eva. It angered her since Anne considered herself the favorite since he always asked her to his bed. To add more bad luck, his fiance arrived and will soon wed. However, she followed her beloved as he walked out of the festivities.

She made sure not to get caught. 

Then, Anne stopped when she saw Callum getting a hold of Eva, kissing and trying to have his way with her. She felt her heart drop at sight. "Callum has never done that to me," she thought. 

However, Eva kicked him and got out of his grasp. Eva ran away while Callum grunted with frustration as he returned to the festivities. Anne made sure that she wasn't seen. 

Now, Anne was lying on her cot. She looked at the ceiling, and the image of Callum and Eva plagued her mind. She punched her pillow. Callum's fiance arrived, and he has an interest in Eva. Then, she remembered Eva's words.

"What makes you think you are the only women he has fucked with? Many women hold more beauty and body than themselves. He even tried to make me his, but I refused him, and now I am here, wanting me to serve him as his slave. I refuse to be his wench, for I have more self-respect and honor than you and other women can ever have."

Anne shook her head. "No, I'm Callum's favorite! He hasn't been by my side because of those wenches! I must have him again, but how?" That was when Fendus came to her mind. She remembered how he would look at her. Rumors spread that Fendus has an interest in Eva, even though he is silent with his intentions.

A smirk came across her lips. 

...........................

The festivities were done as night arrived. Many of the guests were going to their quarters or their homes. Fendus and Callum escorted Allana to her chambers and bid her goodnight. The two men walked into the quiet halls. "What an eventful evening, wouldn't ye agree, Callum?"

"Indeed it was, Fendus."

"Eva has given us to speak about. What a fearless woman she is." Fendus then looked at Callum. "I was thinkin' that I would like to buy her freedom from ye."

Callum stopped in his tracks. "What?"

"Yw will never break her, Callum. How long has it been? She still keeps her headstrong and will do so. Since ye are to marry my sister, I don't want her to feel suspicious that there's somethin' between ye both. Yer marriage will bring our clans closer and more powerful. Neither clan wants this marriage to be broken."

Deep down, Callum felt enraged. His suspicions were confirmed about Fendus' interest in Eva. Everything was going downhill. "There's nothing to worry about, Fendus. That slave will not create any trouble. She-"

"It's not her I'm worried about; it's ye. Ye want to have control over her, and it's worrisome. I'll buy Eva from ye, and everything will be good. Ye and Allana will wed; peace and prosperity will roam the lands. I shall give ye a week since the weddin' is near."

Callum walked away without saying a word, and Fendus watched. Fendus let out a sigh as he massaged his forehead. "That Callum has always been stubborn. Why won't he give me Eva?"

"It's because he has a desire for her."

Fendus flinched as he turned behind him. "Who are ye? How dare ye listen to two lords' conversation."

"Forgive me, my Lord. It was never my intention to act with such disrespect. Since I am nothing more than a loyal servant to the Strongnight Clan, I am here."

"Speak yer name."

"I am Anne, my Lord."

Fendus eyed her carefully. "I heard ye. Why would ye even make such an offensive comment?"

Anne looked down the floor. "What I stated is the truth, my Lord. Lord Callum desires the slave. I have seen them with my two eyes."

"What are ye speakin' of!?"

"I saw Lord Callum have the slave in his arms, though the slave got away from him. Lord Fendus, my family, and I have served the Strongnight clan for generations. I do not wish Lord Callum to risk the clan's future for a slave!"

It was silent between them. Fendus bit his lower lip as he glared at Anne. "Ye speakin' the truth?"

"Yes, I know what I have seen, Lord Fendus. I want that slave away from this castle for the greater good of the clan. I can be your eyes and tell ye what happens behind closed doors."

Fendus eyed her suspiciously. "Nay, I will do so on my own. If ye listen to a Lord's conversation, I won't hesitate to whip ye." The clan leader walked away, leaving an angry Anne alone.