Unbroken

When Eva finished cleaning the stables, she stayed in the sword room for a while, figuring out the correct way to swing one. However, she knew she could not get caught and had no choice but to return to the castle. Eva knew that she stunk, which was unbearable for her, but she decided to take in, for she did not want to give Callum the satisfaction of seeing her defeat. Mirda saw her and ran to her as she walked into the halls. When she got close to Eva, she flinched and covered her nose. "Ye do smell."

"I know, sorry if it is unbearable, but I did what I had to do. What should I do now?"

"Go to Callum. He wishes to see ye at the meeting hall."

Eva sighed and walked there. They all flinched, covered their noses, or laughed at her whenever she passed by other people, but Eva did not put them to mind. She was determined to defeat Callum as she could. Finally, she arrived, and the doors were opened. There were many empty tables, but Callum was sitting alone with a drink in his hand at the front. He eyed her when she came closer.

He could smell her. Callum wanted to cover his nose, but at the same time, he could not help but feel satisfied. "I presume that yer did with yer duties."

"Yeah, pretty much. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. I also learned things about myself, that I can handle more shit that others can't."

"Hn, ye think that was easy, but that is not the end of yer work, yer to be my personal slave, for you are to clean my quarters, fetch me my food, fetch me my mistresses when I want to lay with them, ye are to clean off our aftermath."

Eva felt utterly disgusted. She would instead have worked in the horse stables and other duties, but to be his personal servant angered her to the core. She wanted to scream and punch him in the face, but she remembered that she did not want to show any anger or weakness. Eva swallowed her pride, controlled herself, put her hands behind her back, and then shrugged. "If that is what you want. I don't care."

Callum smirked. "Really? Even if I asked ye to watch me in bed?"

She smiled. "That would entertain me very much. I could then tell everyone what I see; who knows, stories about how you are in bed would spread throughout the land. You can become a legend." Eva saw Callum flinch a bit, and she knew she had hit a nerve, making her look uncomfortable. "He's hiding something. A man with an ego like his wouldn't be bothered by what I said. I have to find out what he is hiding," she told herself. Eva's smile became bigger.  "I can't wait to serve you and watch you in bed. I find it exciting; who knows, Fendus would love to know about these things."

Suddenly, Callum punched the table. "Enough! I don't understand how ye can still defy me!?"

"I will tell you everything! You took me against my will. You act so disrespectfully to me and others, all because of the position you have! You want to show your power over others by abusing them and abusing them! A leader does not abuse his power. He uses it to help his people! No wonder many people hate you!"

It was silent between them, and Eva cleared her throat. "I will take a bath. I know that you want me to work for you. Call me when you want. I don't care if I am your slave. Eva walked away as Callum stood in silence.

He could not believe what Eva had told him and sat back down on his chair. He put his head in his hands. "Is it true?" he asked himself.