His Vow

The festivities went on, and Eva was enjoying Fendus' company. He would tell her some jokes, which were not funny, but would give a little laugh because he tried his best. She noticed the difference between Fendus and Callum.

Callum was filled with arrogance and pride.

Fendus did have pride, but he used it positively and had a good temperament for a clan leader. Her questions, concerns, and anger went away when she spoke with Fendus. The young woman did not notice that Callum was glaring at her as he sat from afar. The highlander was angry that she embarrassed him in front of his people, but at the same time, he could not help but be impressed. 

Callum had many bed partners; many went to him immediately, hoping it would give them a higher position, but he would dispose of them, for they already fulfilled their role. Callum realized that Eva didn't care about prestige or power; only about her self-respect and honor.  His thoughts were interrupted when Lucas sat beside him, a drink in his hand. "It seems yer failing bit by bit, my friend. This young lass will not be still to yer commands."

"Are ye here to jest?"

"Not at all. I want to tell ye that you should at least try to be nice to her. The more hate she bears you, the more she will defy ye. I know it is not in yer nature, but ye must try."

Callum rolled his eyes. "Thank you for yer suggestion; ye know I will not be trounced." He smirked. "She won this round but will not be victorious for long."

Lucas sighed as he saw Eva dancing with Fendus once again. Deep down, he did not like Eva with the king and how she was attracting Callum in the wrong way. He had a sense. There would be more trouble for Eva along the way.

.................................

As the night progressed, many began to retire to their quarters to rest. Fendus went to go rest and bid Eva good night. Eva and Mirda assisted other servants in cleaning. However, Eva could not help but get stares from envious women, but she paid no mind.

Mirda told her to rest, for she would meet her there. Eva agreed and went off to her quarters. As she almost got there, she felt like someone was following her. Eva ignored the feeling and went off. She felt a firm hand on her arm and forced her to turn as she got to the door.

It was Callum.

Eva was about to scream, but he covered her mouth. "Listen, if you think I will tolerate your defiance, you're mistaken. Ye angered me today, but I swear ye this, ye will pay dearly. Ye shall see what I have in store for ye." He took his hand off her lips; he put his lips onto her without warning.

He kissed her. Eva was in shock, and she could not move. She felt his tongue inside her mouth; it made her realize what was happening, and she pushed him away. "You ass!"

Callum licked his lips. "I sealed my vow with a kiss, and I shall not break it. Brace yerself, for you shall pay." He walked away, leaving a shocked Eva alone.

The young woman was in a trance-like state. Eva put her right hand over her lips; Callum kissed her. She wanted to feel anger and hatred for him, but all she felt was disgust and fear. She shook her head. "No, I can't be afraid of him. I can't let him get to me." However, Eva couldn't help but feel afraid of what Callum had planned. It also showed her that Callum had an insane obsession with her.