Chapter 1: New Quirk

New Quirk...

After the doctor visit, Mitsuki's Demeanor towards her son had changed. Rather being the sweet and supportive mother she was, she was hard on him pushing him to his limit to be the very best, adding additional pressure to the young boy to the point of borderline neglect, her behavior was textbook overbearing under the guise of "tough love" and it took a toll on young Katsuki. She constantly harshly belittled him when he didn't meet her standards and even when he did it how she wanted, in the place of praise, he received a brutal critique on his form and execution. The following week Katsuki had taken a walk to the park where his childhood buddy Izuku Midoriya (affectionately known as Deku) was sitting on the park bench looking a little down, that is until he saw his friend he affectionately dubbed "Kachaan".

Izuku/Deku: Hey Kachaan, have you gone to the Quirk doctor yet?
Kachaan/Katsuki: Hey Deku, Yeah I went last week, I got my quirk but I have only used it when mom trains me in the backyard. She's really tough on me, but I know she just wants me to be the best. But enough about that, what about you?
Izuku: oh wow Kachaan, that's crazy, and you never told me what your quirk is.
Kachaan: I'm not too sure how it works so I'll just show you *holds out his hand and a burst of tiny explosions crackled in his palm* I call it "Explosion"
Izuku: woah Kachaan, that's soo awesome, an explosive quirk....
*His excitement dies down as a sad look washes over his smile.*
Kachaan: *Noticing his friends dismay* What's wrong Deku? Didn't you go to the Doctor too?
Izuku: yeah... I went..
Kachaan: and????
Deku: * tears form* he says that im...im quirkless... *he clenches his fists as tears fall onto his lap*
Kachaan: What do you me.. no, that can't be.... *Katsuki's voice cracks slightly as tears well up in his eyes*We're supposed to become heroes together *his emotions surface in a mixture of sadness and anger* NO That is not how this is... you're just a late bloomer! Your quirk will show itself soon!
Izuku: Y..You think so Kachaan? *He sniffles as he wipes away his tears*
Kachaan: Of course I do, I can't be the best hero without my best friend at my side.
Deku: *now more cheerful* I guess I'll just have to start preparing my body if that day ever comes..
Kachaan: WHEN that day comes, don't they say that later bloomers get their quirks at the latest age of 14?
Izuku: yeah, yeah I think so.... *Still sad but hopeful*

Young Bakugo and young Midoriya decide to play pretend and be the heroes they strive to grow up to be (as kids do), little did they know that life for the boys would change in the not too distant future, but for now let's let them enjoy life, While they can.....

*Time skip 3 years forward*

The boys are now 7 years old and are in grade school, Kachaan has made little progress with his quirk whereas Izuku is now known as the School Deku due to the fact that he is quirkless. With his buddy Kachaan by his side Izuku feels invincible, but when Kachaan is absent he is at his most vulnerable. It's lunch time where we see the boys walk to the lunch area together, that is, until a few of the upperclassmen decided it was their duty to torment the innocent quirkless boy.

As they walk through the halls towards the lunch room, the 3 upperclassmen approach the pair and intentionally shove izuku into the wall separating the two friends. Deku falls to the ground as Kachaan realizes what is happening. The 3 bullies shove Deku to the floor repeatedly, kachaan decides it's time he takes matters into is own hands, he uses his quirk to level the playing field, he raises his palm towards one of their attackers and sets off a sizeable blast, sending him into the wall across from where he had previously been standing. The bully hitting the wall with an audible thud caught the attention of the other two which caused them to leave deku in an attempt to restrain the now angry Kachaan, in the distance small explosions can be heard, the two bullies managed to get the upper hand by overpowering him, the third bully shook off the daze and made his way over to the now pinned down Kachaan.

UC3: look what we have here boys, an explosive quirk. You're gonna pay for what you did to me punk, that hurt.
UC1,2: *chuckling* yeah, get him!
UC3: what's a kid with an awesome quirk like you doing hanging around that quirkless loser? don't you know he's just holding you back?
Bakugo: like hell he is! that's my friend you bastard! just watch, one day we are gonna become the top heroes unlike you Extras..*Kachaan manages to free one of his arms and blasted the boy in the face with a slightly larger explosion than the last one*
The three boys were all pushed away by the concussive wave from Kachaan's attack, he rises to his feet, then the three would be bullies were now staring straight into the anger fueled bloodlust emitting from the 7 year olds smirk, the once confident strong upperclassmen were now whimpering and cowering puppies with their tails between their legs, they decided not to risk further injury and fled. Breathing heavily and fuming with anger, Kachaan chases them briefly, but stops due to fatigue and eventually collapses onto his knees. Deku gets up off the ground, dusts himself off and approaches his savior/friend.
Deku offers a hand to Kachaan who was still feeling drained from overusing his quirk. Kachaan reluctantly takes Dekus hand and is helped to his feet.
Kachaan:Thanks Deku but I could have gotten up myself
Deku: Yeah but we heroes just can't help but help someone in need *he chuckled*
Kachaan: (slightly embarrassed) Tch, I wasn't in need *turns away angrily blushing*
The two boys decided to leave and not tell any teacher of the incident that just occurred, they figured the bullies would leave them alone from now on, and also because Izuku would have to admit to Katsuki using his quirk to cause someone harm, and he'd never want that.

After this incident, an unsettling train of thought entered the young Bakugo's head... the feeling of helplessness, something he had never experienced before. He managed to brush it off at first but little did he know, it would one day become a problem. As time went on, Katsuki picked up on a pattern that seemed to get under his skin. How can he be the top hero if he had to be rescued by someone without a quirk? How can he protect the helpless if he himself is the helpless one? The number one hero should have no weakness much like his idol, All Might. With each "save" Katsuki started becoming colder to his childhood friend by saying things like " i don't need your help Deku'' or " why can't you get your quirk already so i don't have to keep jumping in and bailing you out" after each incident they had with bullies or situations of that nature. These words would hurt izuku emotionally but he still never held a grudge against his best friend, he followed him to the end because he not only looked up to him, he admired and even idolized him. Unfortunately.... one event can change a person's opinion of an aspiring hero....