Chapter 25: The Unsung Hero

The Unsung Hero

Zooming past his teammates causing a gust to kick dirt up and at them, VulGar races back to UA in hopes to get him to the infirmary before it's too late, but by the time he landed and brought Katsuki to recovery Girl's attention, all she could do was shake her head with a heartbroken expression on her face. He was placed in a room so that the others may say their goodbyes before Katsuki would be laid to rest. The room was silent, the smell of charred flesh was present as VulGar sat silent wiping his eyes, Sitting next to the body of his friend Ground Zero, VulGar was thinking of the events that had transpired just moments ago and wondered how the rest will react upon seeing him, VulGar checked his phone and saw he had a message from Deags, telling him that they're entering school grounds now. He stood from his seat and left the room silently.

Deags, Izuku, Jiro and Momo rushed through the gates of UA and towards the Main entrance as fast as they could, which wasn't very fast. The four were still heavily fatigued from the Fight just a mere 30 mins prior, huffing and puffing down the halls of the great Hero highschool. Deags had already told the other three that VulGar and Ground Zero were in Recovery Girl's office which, to their luck, was on the other side of the main building. Whilst running through the halls the bell had rung signaling that it was time for lunch and coincidentally the members of class 3A had started making their way to the Lunchroom, when they spotted the group of four. The young heroes
in training looked at their friends and the vigilante with confused and concerned faces as they then noticed that two people were missing from the group.

Mina: Woah! Hey guys where have you been?
Kirishima: Yeah and why do you all look like you just fought in a battle for the fate of humanity?
Izuku: *panting* Hey....Guys.... Sorry we are in a hurry... to-
Iida: There should be no excuse for a future pro hero to skip class unless allowed by a teach-
Deags: *heavy breathing* *irritated* FOR...FUCKS SAKE.... DO YOU EVER SHUT UP.... LIKE THIS IS SERIOUS!!!
Iida: *shocked* .....
Uraraka: Hey... Where are Bakugo and VulGar?
Jiro: *putting her head down*
Momo: They are at Recovery Girl's.... We gotta go.

VulGar stood outside the room with his head down, trying to figure out what their next steps would be, he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. Looking up, his bloodshot eyes met another pair of bloodshot eyes that belonged to the 3A teacher Shota Aizawa. The two shared a look that said a thousand words as VulGar knew what the teacher was asking.

Aizawa: Where are my students? *concerned glare*
VulGar: Don't worry.... They are fine and should be here.... *looking away*
Aizawa: Then who's in the room? I know one of my students is in that room right now So don't play games with me!
VulGar: I understand this is the right time to raise your voice but please try to remain calm, as for who's in the room.... It's.. *looking down and away* it's GZ
Aizawa: *heavy sigh* it had to be the Problem child... I need to check on him in there *reaches for the door*
VulGar: *puts his arm out and stops Aizawa* Sir.....*shaking his head* I wouldn't recommend that, he's uh...
Aizawa: *eyes widen* No.... No he isn't ... VulGar tell me that's a lie, I know he's not... *raising voice slightly*
VulGar: I'm sorry Shota.... I really am... You should know though, if it wasn't for what he did, the rest of us would not be here... He's a true hero....
Aizawa: *teary eyed* I-I don't believe you.... I have to see him for myself.
VulGar: *moves from the door* He's barely recognizable.... *opens door* I'll give you some time...

Aizawa walked into the room, his nose picked up the distinctive smell as he moved towards the curtain that surrounded the medical bed. In a slow motion he slides the curtain to the side to see his old student, laying in the bed burnt and lifeless. Most of his face was charred black along with both his arms and most of his upper body. His lower half was not as bad as the upper half but still had the noticeable evidence that he had been through hell and back. Unfortunately in the end, it cost him his life. As Aizawa sat in the chair next to the bed, memories of Katsuki from his first year flooded his brain as he couldn't help but blame himself for not taking action sooner. Had he just been more attentive to the blonde bomber, he would have seen sooner that his explosive behavior was actually just cry for help, a cry for help that was never answered and look where it led him.... To make the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield, a sacrifice that no one will ever know he made...