Chapter 21: Actions bare Consequences

Actions bare Consequences

At UA,  the three bounty hunters are sitting in Principal Nezu's office along with Mr. Aizawa. Nezu looks to Ground Zero as he asks for a debriefing in what had occurred in the warehouse a few hours ago. Ground Zero with no remorse retells the events in the order that they took place. Nezu and Aizawa sit in silence, processing the information while VulGar and Deags aren't that surprised at their partner's brutality. To be completely honest, VulGar and Deags are feeling a bit relieved at the way Ground Zero handled the situation for the main reason being that it was an act of relief, an act of redemption for the young vigilante. Unfortunately Nezu and Aizawa did not see it that way as they finally decided to speak up.

Nezu: Hmmm while I must thank you for protecting and ensuring the safety of young Yaoyarozu and young Jiro, I feel the actions taken were completely unnecessary as a future hero.
Aizawa: I have to agree with Nezu here. *looking at Ground Zero* While the outcome did work out for the better, we do not under any circumstances take the life of a suspect, villain or not.
VulGar: With all do respect Nezu, none of us here are heroes so we don't exactly abide by hero laws.
Deags: It's true, we are here under a job contract that also states that the rules of engagement fall under our judgment. In other words, we have the green light to use lethal force
Nezu: That may be true but young Bakugo here is still a minor and therefore a student of this schoo-
Ground Zero: First of all, I'm no longer a minor!! *getting irritated* I'm already of legal age, I'm not a minor here or in the states and secondly I stopped being a student here the moment I was driven away for having a "villainous" quirk.
Nezu: .....
Aizawa: .....
VulGar: Now with that out of the way, can we get back on track with a more important issue?
Nezu: *nods*
VulGar: *places file folder on the table* I recovered this from the warehouse. It has all the information we need about the Nomu production and the Location as well.
Aizawa: *grabs the file* interesting.... How soon do you think we will be able to attack and bring this operation down?
VulGar: I estimate within the next few days. What do you think Deags?
Deags: Yeah the next few days should be good. It gives us time to overnight some more gear from the Queen of tech in the states.

The 4 of them continue to plan out this attack when Ground Zero gets a notification on his phone. He looks at his phone before standing up and excusing himself as he makes his way to the door. Aizawa attempts to ask him where he is going but stops when Nezu assures him that what Ground Zero does next is long overdue and needs to happen. Ground Zero walks through the halls of UA and he starts to remember his somewhat short time there as a student two years prior. As he reaches his destination, he's now faced with a situation that has an unknown outcome and all he has to do is knock....,

5 minutes earlier

Momo: *stirring awake*
Izuku: *reads a text that says "on my way"* Hey there
Momo: *groggily looks around* Izuku?
Izuku: Yeah it's me babe, how are you feeling? *holding her hand*
Momo: I'm ok- Wait what happened?
Izuku: You took a pretty bad hit, What's the last thing you remember?
Momo: Ummm..... I was on the recon mission just waiting and taking notes, then... *gasp* Where's Jiro?!?!
Izuku: Hey hey, it's okay she's fine *moves to the side*
Momo: *sees Jiro sleeping* What happened to her?
Izuku: She was taken, GZ was the first to find her, she was... subjected to some torture, but thankfully she was able to recover from that relatively quickly, GZ personally rescued her before the rest of us got there.
Momo: Well I'm so grateful for Ground Zero I never saw him as the type to care that much, babe please help me up, I want to be by her side..
Izuku: Sure thing *takes her by the hand*

Momo stands up off her bed and steps over to Jiro's bed.

Momo: I'm so sorry Jiro, for everything, please be okay, be strong for us, be strong for Katsuki... I know it's what he would want, and i'm sorry for telling you that he's gone for good, over and over, that was stupid of me.
Izuku: *tearing up* Babe, that was beautiful...
*knocking*
Izuku: *wipes his eyes* looks like you've got a visitor.
Momo: Might be our classmates *goes back to her bed* Come in
????: Hey, hope it's okay to be here, just wanted to check on you two.
Momo: Oh! Ground Zero, I wasn't expecting to see you,  but I'm glad you're here, I actually wanted to thank you for saving Jiro here.
Ground Zero: Oh that's not necessary, she was in danger, really, it's ok
Momo: No it's not, I judged you guys too quickly and for that I apologize.... It's just Jiro is my best friend and for the past couple years I've been all she's had so, she's been through so much
Ground Zero: I... I know, the past 2 years have been rough on her..... They've been rough for me as well... *starts to lift his mask*
Momo: what do you mean for you as w- *eyes widen*
Ground Zero/Katsuki: ...Hey Ponytail.....