Chapter 24: The Phoenix

The Phoenix

It was a Beautiful sunny day, the birds were chirping, there was a cool breeze blowing, the perfect weather for a family outing,  The sun shone down on a day meant for celebration but spent... mourning, on this day, a hero was laid to rest. A single rose was placed last on a casket as they walked away with tears flowing down their cheeks as the casket was lowered into a grave marked with a name never to be forgotten..... a group of female UA students began to sing carry on wayward son (A/N: if you get this reference then you're awesome)

48 hours earlier.....

Deags: GZ on your left!!!! *throws Ground Zero his gun (Sally)*
Ground Zero: Thanks *catches it and fires a burst of shots into the brain of a nearby Nomu*
Deags: HA!!! Yoink!!! *uses his new magnetic gloves to call back Sally*  Nighty Night you Fugly shit stain *uses both guns to finish off the Nomu in front of him*
Ground Zero: Nice takedown man. *fist bumps Deags*
Deags: *returns Fist bump* Thanks bro, you too, but it ain't over yet.

It was a Fight between Good and Evil, Heroes and monsters, a fight of life or death. One wrong move could cost you gravely, luckily they were prepared. The members of NWGD, new and old, were fighting against Shigaraki and his Nomu army. The whole scene was something straight from a movie, explosions everywhere, gunfire constantly ringing out, Infernos of bright Green and deep Red, and the ungodly screeching of the Nomu army. We turn our attention to the heroine known as Alchemist, aka Momo Yaoyarozu. Her role in this mission was only supposed to be assisting the others in intel and primarily supply aid, but the authors had other plans as now she found herself in the middle of a battle for survival. Was she scared? A little, but that didn't stop her from helping her teammates by creating ways to distract the enemy. This being making flash and concussion grenades to disorientate the Nomu, giving her friends the upper hand. All was going according to plan until she saw Emerald Inferno being overwhelmed by a HighEnd Nomu and 2 Normal Nomu. In the heat battle she creates two grenades one concussion and one thermite and with all her strength she throws the concussion first blinding and deafening the abominations then she chucked the thermite grenade hoping to hit one of the three. By some luck she managed to hit the HighEnd square in the back and just the heat alone caused the other two Nomu to retreat. The HighEnd however took little damage and now turned its attention towards the girl. Charging at full speed the HighEnd cocks back a punch that would be lethal should it connect, but luckily for her, Alchemist created a shield with a pointed bottom that she planted into the ground to take the punch. Still with that amount of force she was launched backwards about 50 yards, her shield was rendered useless and the impact from the blow left her on the ground and barely moving, Inferno watches as the HighEnd was slowly crawling on all fours towards his teammate and his woman. With the combination of fear, adrenaline and rage inside of him, Emerald Inferno feels sharp burning in his fingers again, almost like how when his quirk first manifested. He crouched down with his hands on the ground in somewhat of a starting position for a race. The pain grew more intense as he noticed his nails were growing, but this time they appeared to now be pointed and sharp, the color of them began to change as his napalm excreted from his cuticles, essentially coating his nails in the flammable substance. He launched himself forward and dragged his nails along the ground, igniting them in the process. With this new revelation and the rage in his eyes, he started charging the HighEnd with an Insane amount of murderous intent. His eyes now engulfed in his signature green fire as he neared the HighEnd who's back was facing him, he instinctively fired some of this napalm at the ground where the HighEnd was and used it to slide under it, since his hands were essentially on fire at this point, it ignited the napalm instantly, mid slide he began digging his flaming fingers into the belly of the Nomu, he continues to slide forward while grinding his claws upwards on its torso, essentially slicing through from belly to shoulder, then using his momentum to mount it's back, Emerald Inferno thrusts his hand forward, plunging it into the Nomu's brain, crushing it and incinerating it at the same time, Izuku let out an almost inhuman roar upon defeating the HighEnd Nomu, he took a moment to calm his breathing, and eventually the flames around his eyes died down and revealed his normal bright green orbs. He then jumped down from the dead HighEnd and rushed to help Alchemist back to her feet.