Chapter 17: The Return

The Return

(Over comms)
Vulgar: GZ!! GZ COME IN, ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?!?! DO YOU COPY?
Deags: GZ WE NEED BACKUP MAN, AND NOW!!!

His eyelids clenched tight before shooting open as he shook his head in an attempt to wake himself up again, in doing so he unintentionally yanked his chain out from inside his vest, revealing something very shiny that caught Jiro's eye. Before she could get a clear look at it, he grabbed it and placed it back under his armor before getting back to his feet. As he stood, he took a look back at Jiro, he noticed a gash on her forehead that had blood dripping from it, he processed it for a moment before placing his finger on his earpiece and in a raspy voice, muttered...

Ground Zero: Ground Zero, Going Dark... *shuts off his comms device*
Deags: *firing his weapons and picking off low level villains in the distance* OHHHH SHIT......
VulGar: Someone must have *swinging his sword and taking out villains in 4s* pissed him off, *Grabs one villain and throws him and knocks down a group of other villains like bowling pins* we gotta get these people out of here, NOW.
Deags: *yelling at the villains* ha ha ha YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKED *rapid fires and just mows down so many more*
VulGar: *puts his sword away* Deags! Find the rest of the civilians that were near GZ and get them out of the line of fire Stat!!
Deags: Roger *runs off while still shooting more villains in his path*

After running almost halfway across the mall, Deags finds a group of teens, these teens would be later known as Izuku, Momo, Kirishima, Mina and Jiro. As Deags tries to get the teens out of harm's way Jiro seems lost in thought over the crimson eyes and raspy voice she had just encountered. For some reason those two things seemed all too familiar to her. As Deags runs with the group of teens he meets up with VulGar and they start to plan out what to do next.

Deags: V!!!! What's the plan?
VulGar: We gotta get these kids out of here! Is this all of them?
Deags: *turns to look at the teens* Yeah that's every- Wait where's the other one?!?!
Mina: What do you mean?
Izuku: *looking around* Uhh guys Where's.....
Momo: JIRO!!!!
Deags: Kid! get back here it's not safe!!
Izuku: Don't worry, I'll get her *runs after her*
Momo: Izuku wait! * runs after him*
Deags: Wai- ah fuck it, I'll come back for them, everyone else, move!

As Jiro runs back to where Ground Zero last was, she hides behind a broken countertop to try and get a glimpse of the masked Vigilante. After a few minutes momo and Izuku run up behind her and ask her what the hell she's doing. Jiro responds by telling them that she has to know who he is. As they went on going back and forth the ground shakes and they see Ground Zero fighting against Muscular. The three teens watch as Ground Zero seems to be struggling against the villain until Jiro decides to try and help only to be stopped by Izuku and Momo. Their conversation didn't go unnoticed when muscular heard the teens arguing and started  smirking as he ran towards them. Ground Zero watching this unfolding before his eyes let loose firing every concussion grenade he had at muscular. The force of the blasts caused the teens to be blown back. After using all of his ammo, Ground Zero locks his war machine onto his back and in a fit of rage, decides to use his quirk for the first time in 2 years to fly towards the concussed villain. Jiro, the least dazed from the blast, gets up and looks towards the sounds of explosions. She watched the masked bounty hunter fly through the air in a very familiar pose, just then a memory flashed in her mind, she saw her beloved Katsuki fly through the air in that exact pose when he would use his quirk, but that can't be right, this masked man couldn't possibly know that, unless.....
Her eyes widen as she sees Ground Zero soaring towards the villain using what seems to be a quirk and for a split second the image of Katsuki moving the exact same way flashes over the person right in her sight, She's snapped out of it by Momo and Izuku carrying her away but her eyes never leave the sight of the Enraged Bounty Hunter.