Chapter Five: Day Two

You arrive at the school campus around 5 AM.

You spent all night packing your clothes and belongings to move into your dorm room. Lacking sleep, and using your teleportation to go back and forth, have you worn out.

A feeling of relief splays over you as you finally hang up your last clothing item.

You place your hands on your hips and look at your yet-to-be-complete dorm room.

So far you've got moving boxes placed all over the floor and all your clothes hung up.

The only things that were left over were a desk that came with an office chair and a full-sized bed.

You frown at the bed.

You know you don't take up much space, but anything under a queen is too small of a bed. You like to sleep wild.

There's a knock on your door. "Mineta?"

You furrow your eyebrows, confused. "Um, this isn't—"

The door opens and you see the green-haired boy from yesterday, sleepily rubbing his eyes. "Oh, right. I forgot you were here."

"Is Mineta my roommate?"

"Hm?" He hums. "Oh, no. We don't share dorms. It's just they gave you the room Mineta used to have."

The green-haired boy makes his way to one of your boxes. "Mind if I...?"

"No, go ahead." A yawn escapes your lips. "I've gotten no sleep whatsoever."

He lets out a light chuckle, "I usually wake up this early anyway." He sets up one of your lamps. "Do you want breakfast? I'm no chef, but I know I could whip up something quick."

You take a moment to think. "I don't have an appetite."

"Ok, but I'd still enjoy your company. Can you come down? I could give you a tour of the common area while we're at it?"

Confusion spikes again. Why is this kid so nice to you? "Uh, sure."

———————————

The green-haired boy, whose name you've officially learned is Izuku, made the two of you breakfast.

Despite your attempts at assuring him you weren't hungry.

"What even is this?"

"You've never had Dorayaki?"

You shake your head. The breakfast looks like two pancakes smushed together with chocolate filling in the middle.

"It's two pancakes with red bean paste in the center. It tastes best warm, so I suggest you hurry."

Hesitantly, you take a bite. You brace yourself for the bean paste to make the pastry taste bitter. Instead, you're left shocked by the sweetness.

"Woah," you cover your mouth. "This shit actually doesn't taste like shit!"

He laughs. "You must not be from here."