Chapter Six: New Friends?

Before you know it everyone in class 1B is crowded around your desk.

They all take the time to introduce themselves, except for some kid named Monama. He constantly kept asking what your quirk was and claiming that he could copy it and beat you with it.

When you rolled your eyes, clearly unbothered by his shit-talking, he begins to pick with the other students saying how his grades are far better than theirs and how superior 2B is compared to 2A.

You just wanted them to leave, it's enough having 20 other students in your class that already have problems keeping their mouths shut.

You lay your head on your desk, trying to come up with ways to exploit them. Originally you were planning on just telling Shigaraki the location of their events, but that seems like too much work with too little information behind it.

Glasses walks up to the front of the classroom, he begins clapping his hands trying to get everyone's attention. Once everyone's listening, he speaks, "I've been informed that Aizawa and Vlad had a run-in with a League of Villains on their way to campus. Classes will be expected to start a bit later than usual, but not to worry! They have everything under control. Thank you."

Within milliseconds, everyone begins to start talking about what they think caused it.

"Maybe they'll catch Shigaraki!" Someone says. You chuckle at that almost impossible possibility.

You rest your head in your hands, amused by everyone's idea of what they think happened. You don't know for sure, but if you had to make a guess one of them probably was seen out in public by mistake and accused of causing trouble.

Or vice versa.

This is the type of stuff you openly missed out on while you were there. You found their mindset to start trouble when they're bored idiotic and a waste of time.

You sense someone walking over to your desk, "Y/n, the girls and I were thinking about hitting up this new ramen shop after school tomorrow. Care to join us?" Yaoyaorozu asks you kindly.

You shake your head. "No, I'm okay." You say with a small smile.

She doesn't seem to take no for an answer. "I insist, it'll be my treat. We'd love to hang out with you! Take this as an opportunity to get to know us better." She adds a warm smile.

"Sure." You mutter. Going off her looks and determined gaze, she isn't going to let up anytime soon. Besides, you could go for some ramen.

"Cool!" She says.

You lie your head back down, thinking the conversation was done. To your surprise, she continues to talk. "Midoriya told us you were bad with names, so allow me to run us over it again."

You sigh as you sit up.

"So that's Jirou, Uraraka, Ashido, Tsu, and Hagakure." She points to each girl as she names them out. "They're all going to the ramen shop later on with us. And I'm Momo, just in case Yaoyaorozu is a mouthful."

You nod, hoping that's enough for her to finally leave.

"Oh, and Y/n?" She calls.

"Yes?"

She speaks without looking back. "You should try to go make some friends, if not that then at least attempt to socialize with the rest of us."

"But I'm cool with Todoroki and I have Izuku so—"

She does a complete 180° to face you. "But are you talking to either of them? You're sitting back here, closing yourself off from the rest of the class. Why is that?"

You take a look around the room and take notice of how everyone is talking to at least someone. Izuku is speaking to Uraraka and Glasses. Todoroki is talking to Kaminari and Kirishima.

"But it's your decision, Y/n," Momo says as her last word before she walks off.

You press your lips together. Maybe it's best to take her advice. You figure that since you're stuck here for a while you might as well make an ally or two.

You glance around the classroom.

But where to start?

You tilt your head. Everyone seems to be in a conversation with someone else.

Everyone except Bakugou.

Your heart begins to race with the thought of actually speaking to him. It's kind of nerve-wracking.

You aren't at all scared of him or the things he'd say. So the sudden anxiety is questionable.

However, you choose to approach him and ignore the shakiness in your legs.

"Hey," you blurt.

His head lifts. His eyes are so damn attractive you can't stand to look at them.

"I want you to know I don't like you, okay?"

"Okay..?" He says looking around, clearly puzzled as to why you even came up to him in the first place.

You sit down on the chair in front of him. "I just wanted to let you know. So.."

He stares at you with an intense look. Not a judge mental look, more like he's trying to read you and figure you out.

You watch as his eyes go from your face... To your torso... To your legs... To your...

You can't ignore the butterflies anymore. "Baku—"

"Who did that to you?"

You perk up, "Hm?"

"Your thigh. Who did that?"

You look down and see the mark left by the kid at Kanime Prep. It's a handprint, red, the exact proportions of his hand.

It looks like it hasn't even made an effort to recover.

"Got in a fight at my last school. I like to think of it more like a battle scar—"

"So you're telling me you got your ass beat?"

"What." You deadpan.

He shrugs and slouches back in his seat. "Everyone knows the person with the biggest scar is the person who got whooped the hardest."

"You bitch. His ass snuck me, I promise you if that shit was on guard he wouldn't have laid a finger on me." You watch as Bakugou's eyebrows shift up and then fall back down just as fast.

He doesn't speak for almost twenty seconds. Then, in a lowered tone he says, "Don't get into any more fights if you can't defend yourself, dumbass."

"I think I hold my own pretty well." You make your way back to your seat in fury. "Can't defend yourself". If that boy wouldn't have dodged he'd be dead by now.

Actually, fuck the butterflies.

And fuck Bakugou, too.