Chapter 23 - I can offer a loan

"Spill," Ashley demanded the moment they managed to get away from their parents and went to hide in her bedroom.

Ashton sighed and collapsed on his sister's bed. "Mom saw me kissing my lover."

Ashley's eyes widened. That was a bad way to come out of the closet. "Where?"

"That's not important."

"At our restaurant?"

"No, I'm not stupid. I just never thought mom would happen to pass by that place when she had never been to before! In any case, thanks for backing me up."

"Well, who told me to be your sister?" Ashley sighed and then glared at her twin. "Why don't I know that you like men?"

"That's because I'm hiding it from everyone."

Even if they were twins, that does not mean they shared all their secrets with each other, especially when they were now adults. Ashley asked tentatively. "Since when did you know..."

"College."

Ashley gaped. "That's quite a long time ago!"

"Sorry for not telling you, but I don't know if you will react the same as mom and dad."

Ashley reflected that she was only open-minded about LGBT quite recently. If Ashton told her about his sexual orientation way earlier, she might indeed react the same way as their parents but would then come to accept it. But her initial rejection would have hurt his brother's heart deeply.

"Okay, apology accepted. How long have you dated your boyfriend?"

"College."

"... So he's the only guy you ever dated?"

Ashton grabbed a pillow and smacked his hand on it. "None of the others could match up to his standard."

Ashley silently gave him a thumbs up. Knowing her brother's standard which she noticed from his choices of ex-girlfriends, his boyfriend must be great.

Thanks to Ashton being forced to get out of the closet, her decision on staying at the family home was taken in stride, including her news that Gio had verbally threatened their family.

No matter what incidents happen in the Summer household, their life and business will still continue as usual.

Ashley also no longer needed to hide from Sean now that things were clear between them and went back to work. These days were peaceful, so much that she wished for it to last forever. But her wish was never meant to be fulfilled.

"Ashley!" Ashton burst into her office, followed by her assistant right behind him.

"What?" She spared him only a glance before she went back to the pile of papers in front of her.

"Big trouble!"

"You are right. We still can't pick a good supplier among the choices we have." Ashley tossed the file with the three choices of suppliers onto the table with a headache. "I need you to help me pick two of the three final choices."

"No, that's not what I meant! We can do that later, but right now we have a bigger problem! That bastard is causing trouble again!"

"Which bastard?" Ashley jumped when Ashton suddenly slammed his fist onto the table. "Don't make a mess! You will pay if you damage my desk!"

"Ashley, we are really in trouble," Rina, the secretary said. She looked worried, but she was always worried about everything even when she could actually handle everything nicely.