Chapter 4 - Ashley's growth

Chapter 4 – Ashley's growth

Ashley did not know how long they have kissed but her mind had already lost its function as her heart took over her body. Her heart had soared high the moment their lips touched and answered his kiss.

This familiar, fiery, and mind-blowing kiss... her heart shook upon realizing she had missed it.

It took her a great effort for her mind to struggle for control again, and ignored her screaming heart, she pushed Sean away to break the kiss. Her hand moved on its own once her mind started working again and delivered a sound slap across his face, a scene that would fit well in an afternoon drama.

Her uneven breathing and unnaturally flushed cheeks betrayed her feelings towards the kiss, but she ignored it as she glared at Sean that looked unbothered with her slap. "How dare you kiss me!"

Sean slowly smiled, his eyes pinned her with a knowing gaze as his finger caressed his slapped cheek. "You seem to like it as well. You kissed me back."

"That was just a reflex!"

The satisfaction on Sean's face disappeared. "Do you hate me, Ashley?"

Ashley blinked in surprise at the sudden question and accidentally spoke the truth. "N-No... I suppose I don't."

During the early days after the divorce, her heart was bitter and she loathed Sean's existence to a great extent. It was only after a long time had passed did her anger colds down and comprehended that the one she hated was not only Sean, but everything and everyone that contributed to their divorce, with herself included in the list.

"Then why the divorce?"

Giving him a freezing gaze, Ashley that was still troubled by the earlier kiss hoped Sean would stop asking questions.

However, he had lost his memories and would be unrealistic to expect him not to ask plenty of questions that she did not want to answer. As far as he remembers, they were still a loving couple and Ashley could not find herself to blame him for suddenly waking up to a different year or finding himself with a wife that was totally different from his memories.

But at least, his reaction told her that the reason he treated her so coldly occurred after their honeymoon period and he had not faked his old affection for her. Because if he did, he would not bother continue this charade of a caring lover when he knew the play had ended.

Ashley sighed wearily. "Sean, I know it's hard for you not to remember anything but I will try my best to help you get back your memories."

"No."

"Stop being so stubborn, Sean," Ashley scolded, treating Sean as an unreasonable child. "Your refusal creates more trouble than helping!"

"I don't want to get back my memories," Sean declared decisively.

Ashley stared at Sean in disbelief. "Why the hell not?"

"I don't want to remember those memories without you in them."

Ashley gritted her teeth. "You should think otherwise, after all, in your missing memories, there's me in it and the reason why we divorce. Don't you want to know why? Then do your best to remember and save my time."