Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile

A/N: Yay! This story had reached 10,000 reads! Thank you, everyone!

Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile

Mrs. Summer inhaled sharply and Mr. Summer shot his son a deadly look. "Ashton! Be careful of what you say!"

"Then what am I supposed to think from what mom said?" Ashton refused to back down and ignore Kyle who was trying to stop him. "What would you do if grandpa and grandma refuse to let both of you together?"

"That's different!" Mrs. Summer snapped in tears. "Our situation could never be compared!"

"How can love be compared?!" Ashton yelled.

Kyle finally succeeded in pulling Ashton back and turning to face Mrs. Summer properly.

"Ms. Summer. I know you won't agree to this, but I'm serious about Ashton. For five years, we tried to part ways, but we failed because we could not let go. Since we could not break away from the relationship, we decided to make it work. I promise I will treat Ashton well, and you won't regret letting us be together," Kyle said without an ounce of exaggeration from his promise.

Perhaps because Kyle looked so serious and sincere, Mrs. Summer finally regained most of her composure. She turned to Ashton with a stern face. "You really love this man?"

Without hesitation, Ashton said, "Yes, mom. I love him."

"What will you do if I still disagree with you dating him?" Mrs. Summer asked coolly.

"Then I will do everything to change your mind about us. I will never stop until you agree with our relationship. Even if you want to disown me, I won't change my mind."

For five years, Ashton had tried to ignore his true sexuality and choose his family over love. But a human could only be strong for a short period and grew exhausted in denying what he really wanted. It was especially tough when Kyle returned his feelings and chased him hard.

"Betty..." Mr. Summer originally also stood behind his wife's decision, but his heart wavered once he saw how earnest his son was towards his beau that also shared the same feeling to their son.

"Advin, don't tell me you are supporting them?" Mrs. Summer asked incredulously. She had fought this hard for her husband's sake as well.

"I am old, but never a senile. I know true love when I see one. I know you can see it too. Why not let them be together and see how they go? You would hate yourself if Ashton hates you for forbidding him with Kyle."

The shock of seeing her husband accepting their son gradually passed and Mrs. Summer thought carefully. There was a saying that it was a woman's loss if they marry late, but man was much more accepting if they married old. Even if Ashton and Kyle broke up years later, Ashton could still have a new relationship. By then, who knows if Ashton changed his mind and agreed to be with a woman?

It was also fine if Mr. and Mrs. Summer learns to slowly accept Kyle as their son-in-law as time goes. Either way, it does not harm anyone, other than Ashton's heart. But this was what Ashton wanted and he had to accept the consequences of his choice if it was a bad one.

"Fine. But I will allow this if the second condition is fulfilled," Mrs. Summer raised her chin and stared down at the gay couple.

"What is the second condition?" Kyle asked as Ashton groaned.

"Mother, that is impossible."

"The second condition is to have Ashley getting pregnant within a year," Mrs. Summer answered, looking rather gleeful as she glanced at Sean. Her matchmaking idea for her daughter had never died till now.