Chapter 43 - Where did you hide Tina

"You dare, chicken head!" Samuel shot back, passing his cane to his wife. He pushed up his sleeves, preparing to fight Advin.

"Wait, dad! Stop!" Ashley grabbed her father's arms and tried to pull him away. It would be bad if Samuel sued them for beating him, even if he freaking deserves it.

Ashton, who had run after his father once he saw him holding onto a wok, quickly came over and helped his twin to restrain their father. "Dad, that wok could kill someone!"

Sean and Kyle had also moved to restrain Samuel back. "Father, you are in the wrong in the first place!"

"I will not be a family with this farm boy!" Samuel howled. The bodyguards stared at the side, debating whether to pull their boss's son away, but since their boss had not ordered them, they chose to play invisible.

Some family issues are best not to interfere with.

"Neither do I, arrogant bastard that does not act his age!" Advin retorted and flung the wok at Samuel. "You dare to burn my restaurant! Do you think you are above the law?! Do you think you still have your parents around to clean up your mess!"

"Are you trying to kill him, dad?" Ashley yelled in disbelief after seeing the flying wok.

Sean managed to grab the wok before it could hit Samuel. But his father did not appreciate it and tried to grab the wok to throw it back at Advin. Sean had to toss the wok away before his father could get it. "Father, restrain yourself!"

"It's so old and dirty, I'm doing everyone a favour to avoid food poisoning!" Samuel snapped back, completely ignoring everyone except for Advin.

"I'm holding myself back for so long not to bash your face is all because Tina pleads for your case!" Advin said angrily. "Five fucking years and you yet to grow up, you big baby!"

"Where did you hide Tina, you asshole!" Samuel demanded.

"Who's Tina?" Ashton asked in bewilderment at the sudden addition of a new name.

"You and Ashley's godmother," Betty said from the sideline as she secretly cheered for her husband. "And also Sean's mother."

"What?" Ashton was taken aback by the sudden information.

"I never knew I had a godmother!" Ashley said, gobsmacked.

"Well, it was decided at the last minute, but it's all good," Betty reassured. No one had expected Tina to have the time to know her godchildren better with such a restrictive husband. By the time the twins were old enough to remember things, Samuel Donovan had made sure Tina did not get to meet with her 'bad influence' high school friends.

"Because of this controlling bastard, she does not get to see her two godchildren!" Advin snapped. "We don't really mind that, since we don't expect Tina to take care of our children, but it's something no one can overlook when a scumbag forced her to flee with a big handprint on her cheek!"

Betty ignored her husband quarrelling with the 'scumbag' and continued with the explanation to those that were interested in listening. "Tina has been our close friend since high school. She's a sweet person and also our matchmaker!"

Kyle grinned as he seemed able to hold Samuel back with ease. "Let me guess, Samuel saw Tina, and immediately had the thought of bedding her,"

"Kyle!" Everyone snapped, each with a different degree of scandalized expression.

Kyle shrugged. "Hey, just lighting up the atmosphere."

"... It was actually true," Samuel admitted under his breath, and lucky for him, only his disgusted son and Kyle had heard. Kyle had to control himself not to let out a whistle upon hearing that.