Chapter 29 - How daring of you to threaten me, Mr. Donovan

Even if Ashley disliked Jean and wanted to minimize contact with her, she could not be choosy on picking who to ask for help. From what she could remember, Jean was also working in Sean's company, which means she had the ability.

Ashley had to push her emotions to the backseat. The main priority was to remove Gio from harming Summer's family.

Someone emerged from the direction of the restroom, which she recognized as Kyle. He was guiding someone, a little boy.

"Daddy!" The little boy pulled away from Kyle's hand and leaped onto Sean's legs.

"Simon." Sean's face visibly brightened and pulled the little boy into his arms. His eyes shone with love for his son.

At the warm sight, Ashley's pupil shook fiercely. The scene reminds her of the bad memory and also knowing Jean had given what Sean wanted, judged from his happy face. It also served as a reminder that they could never be together again, not with the baggage between them.

Their children laughing around them, eager for their love and attention... was only an unattainable dream.

Mrs. Summer gasped softly, her eyes going back and forth from the boy and Sean. Mr. Summer was as shocked as his wife but restrained himself. Now was not the time to ask irrelevant questions, especially when they were the ones that needed help.

He could also see his daughter does not seem overly surprised at the presence of the boy, likely to have already known his existence. The boy must be one of the reasons for the divorce, as his age was rather close or more to the years of their divorce.

Ashton patted his father's back, telling him not to worry. He then asked Sean harshly, "How are they able to help us?"

Ashley was grateful for him to break the little reunion. She sounded mean, but she just could not stomach watching it.

"Jean, Simon, and Mason will have a family meal at the opposite diner. They could get more information through there from their brief inspection. After that, Mason and Jean could also help me with the other planning." Sean sounded so confident that everyone's worry slowly eased.

"When will we start?" Mason asked, indirectly agreeing with Sean's plan.

"Tonight."

"Thank God! Thank you, both of you, for agreeing to come and help us," Mrs. Summer said to Mason and Jean, but her sincerity was not as full blast as she normally would. After all, these two have a hand in her daughter's failed marriage.

While she was angry that her daughter did not mention Sean had a son, she hides it to keep the flimsy peace. She was very conscious of the fact that their restaurant needed help, or else their restaurant that they built from scratch and sustained their family for more than fifteen years would be ruined.

"We will help if we can. There is no need to thank us," Jean said humbly.

Ashley's gaze lowered. What a perfect woman. Beautiful, kind, and independent. Who would not love her? Even Sean wants her. But why did he let Jean be with Mason?

"Miss Summer," Rina slipped beside her. "There's a call for you from the office line."

Sean heard it and asked Rina, "Is it Gio?"

"I'm not sure, but it's a male."

"I will answer the phone."

"Back off, Sean!" Ashley snapped and Sean recoiled in surprise. Well, he was not the only one. "It's my phone call and it does not have to be Gio. That must be the supplier that I've been waiting to call me. Continue to discuss the plan. I won't be long."