Chapter 7 - Level of trust

Chapter 7 – Level of trust

The main reason for inviting Kyle over was to help Sean recover his memories. Kyle could help by telling him some memories that he shared with Sean. But of course, Ashley does have another motive for calling him over. She was hoping to get more information about this secretive Jean that has none of her photos around the house.

She was just simply curious about the woman Sean had married. But a very tiny part of her scolded her for being jealous.

As Sean had grown cold to Ashley, which was one of the main reasons for her decision to have a divorce, she bet that his wife would be very different from her. Jean must be a beautiful woman since Sean was famous among the ladies and it would be foolish not to pick the best among the fishes in the sea.

In the past, Ashley was truly surprised when Sean asked her out for the first time. He asked her, the next-door girl type, out for a date. Once, she had thought that he wanted to date her because he liked her father's cooking since he was a newly frequent customer of their restaurant.

That thought only appeared once before it was squashed by common sense.

Ashley welcomed Kyle, who grinned at her before giving her a friendly hug. "Hello, Ashley."

"Hi."

She returned his hug but he was busy staring at Sean, who had followed behind her, to notice it. Ashley does not blame him, for Sean was currently sporting a strange look on his face.

"Hey, bro." Kyle was the first to speak after he was invited to take a seat in the living room.

"Hey," Sean said, a little awkwardly.

Ashley suddenly smiled way too brightly and she made sure that Sean saw it before she turned that smile to Kyle. "The reason why I called you here is that Sean wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

Sean flashed her a glare, afraid that she would speak nonsense about Kyle liking him. "It's no longer important," He said with a dismissive tone that she had grown to hate.

Initially, Ashley used to like it, since he often used it towards his work just to spend more time with her. But it immediately changed when he used it on her more than once after their honeymoon.

"But you are very curious about it," Ashley said. He shot her a look to tell her to shut up, but it was too fun to stop teasing him now.

Kyle was completely clueless. "You can ask me anything."

"Since he's too shy to ask, I will ask for him," Ashley said and Sean shot her an even scarier glare.

Kyle laughed. "This is the first time for me to see him being shy."

Smiling, Ashley keeps her eyes locked onto Sean, who was daring her to speak nonsense and to be punished later by him, said, "He wanted to ask... about Jean."