Chapter 30 - Clear things up

"I need to clear things up before we can start over again."

"We could never start again, Sean. Why can't you see that through your thick skull?" Ashley snapped harshly.

"Why can't you let us have another chance? Do you want me to apologize? I will do it every day until you give us a chance. I'm sorry-"

"No need!" Ashley quickly responded before Sean would really do so. "I'm sorry Sean, but no matter how much you apologize, I still think it's better for us to remain separated. Just give me up, please."

"Give you up?" Sean scoffed.

She gasped when he pulled her head down and kissed her angrily, punishing her for denying him. She remained still, but after his endless kiss, she gave in. He groaned when he sensed it and his harsh kiss followed his mood, turning gentle. She was not prepared for the sudden change and her body trembled from the unexpected pleasure.

He was the one that broke apart first and cupped her cheeks like a dedicated lover.

"Look at us." Sean breathed harshly, his eyes fiercely meeting hers. "Both of us reacted well, just like before. How could I give up when we still have this chemistry?"

"That is our lust speaking, Sean. That isn't love!" Ashley retorted, but the blush of desire on her face was rather unconvincing.

Sean's tone softens. "I know I love you. I know how to differentiate them both."

"Sometimes... love isn't enough in a relationship," Ashley muttered in defeat. "Once bitten, twice shy. Only a blind fool would go back to a bad relationship."

Sean looked so heartbroken from her words, but she had to say it. "You have a son and a wife. I don't understand why you would allow Jean to see Mason behind you-"

"We have only gotten married because of our son, not love," Sean interrupted. "The only one she truly loves is Mason."

"That doesn't change anything. It's a fact that you two choose to get married. She chooses to marry you instead of Mason. Doesn't that tell you something?"

"We mutually agree to divorce, and everything will end by this month." That would be precisely next week.

"What about your son?" Ashley asked in bewilderment. "What will happen to him now that his parents choose to divorce?"

Sean breathed out heavily. "Simon is not my son."

"What? How can he not be your son? You said he is your son! What bullshit are you trying to pull!"

"Calm down." Sean had to use more strength to hold her down. "That's what I say to everyone and want them to think that way."

Ashley stared at him as if he was out of his mind. "Why? Did Jean beg you to accept Simon as your son or something?

"Jean did not tell me the truth about Simon until Simon was three years old. Simon's biological father is Mason."

Ashley gapped in disbelief. "What the bloody fuck? Why would she want to marry you if she could use that child to force Mason to marry her instead? You said she loves Mason!"

"It's not that simple. If her parents found out who is the real father, she would be forced to go through an abortion and send her far away."

"Why would her parents do that?" she asked in horror.

"Most rich people have twisted and greedy minds, Ashley. They don't want their daughter to be married to an average income man but to someone with equal or more financial standing," Sean said in disgust.