Chapter 32 - When will he 'finally' make a move

EXTRA CHAPTER AS CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM ME TO YOU <3

Chapter 32 - When will he 'finally' make a move

"You look bad," the already dressed-for-work Kyle commented as soon as she walked into the kitchen the next morning.

"I know," Ashley said moodily.

How can she sleep when her mind would not stop thinking?

Samuel gave his word that she still has her supplier, which lessens one of her long list of worries. But she gained a new worry when Samuel told her she would know when he had dealt with Gio.

With only meeting Samuel Donovan twice as her only reference to judge him, Ashley does not have a good impression of him. In her eyes, a man like him will not help others so willingly, even for his son. What does Jean have that got Mr. Donovan so obsessed with her remaining together with Sean?

And when will he 'finally' make a move against Gio?

He could have chosen to move only after Gio made a mess. If he did that, Ashley would be very angry but unable to say anything. Mr. Donovan had not promised when he would make a move against Gio after all and she was a fool for not questioning him deeper.

"You make breakfast," Ashley said with a smile and sat down on her remaining chair. Her comfy apartment will look cramped if she added more.

"Your mom told me you are not good at cooking so if I want my stomach to survive, I had to do it myself," Kyle teased.

"Thanks," she said dryly and started her breakfast. Kyle did a good job with today's breakfast.

"Your dad received a call from your supplier while we were having dinner. I remember you told me you are meeting with your supplier?"

"A potential supplier," Ashley answered calmly without a change in expression.

Kyle hummed, accepting her answer without doubting it. Oh, why was her ability to lie getting stronger? Or was it because Kyle does not know her that well yet and hence had not caught onto her lie?

Kyle looked as if he remembered something amusing as he chuckled. "Well, Sean keeps on insisting it's Gio you are seeing last night."

"And why did he keep on insisting it was him?"

Kyle stared at her for a moment before he said, "Sean sounded very sure that you still have some lingering feelings for Gio."

This was the first time she got choked by a sausage. Kyle handed her a glass of milk, already expecting her reaction as he did not look surprised.

"I don't!" Ashley exclaimed as soon as the sausage successfully traveled down its proper path with the help of the milk.

Kyle shrugged. "I did not say that. Sean was the one that said it."

"But you agree with him," she accused, pointing her fork at Kyle.

"No, I don't," Kyle insisted. "Ashley dear, your eyes showed true hatred when you met Gio at the hotel. That hatred couldn't be faked."

"Thanks for believing I'm not sick in the head," she said dryly and stabbed her sausage with more strength than needed. "Unlike others."

"Well, no one else believes it too, including Mason and Jean."

That was news to her. "They are invited for dinner as well? Aren't they going to survey Gio's restaurant?"

"Yeah, but the place was packed and they didn't get a table. So it's postponed to today with an early reservation. Your parents are quite fond of Simon too. He's a nice kid."