Chapter Three: Nice To Meet You

Anxiety welled in the pit of her stomach with each passing period. Fingers repeatedly fidgeting with a number two pencil, fingernail marks etched into the head of the eraser. She opted for an educational video for most of today's classes. Quite frankly, she wasn't sure she could keep her mind straight enough to follow through with a normal lecture. Not until she knew for sure. Knew for sure that Reki didn't recognize her skating around at S last night, and the two could go with their lives as if nothing happened. However, she couldn't know for certain until he actually showed for class. And unfortunately, that wouldn't be until eighth period, her final class of the day. Which meant seven hours of hellish uncertainty awaited her.

"Have a great day everyone." Ms. Saito smiled, giving a gentle wave goodbye to her sixth period students. "See you all tomorrow."

Feet shuffled against the tile floor, hurrying off and down the hallway. When the last of them made their exit, she clicked the door behind them and released a deep exhale. She was officially alone for seventh period, and there was just one more hour until Reki was expected to come to class. Then she could at least know, and that would be that.

It was just - if he did know.

There'd be a good chance it was high to start job searching in a different district.

Letting out a disappointed sigh, the woman pushed two headphones into her ears and tried to drown her thoughts out with some tunes. Aimlessly she began to scroll through her email, organizing and deleting all the spam that managed to squirm it's way in - that's when she noticed an email that had found it's way into her spam folder. Initially, she was going to delete it too, that was before she noticed the name that was attached to it: Shokichi Oka.

"When he get my email?" She had mumbled to herself, clicking on the video the man had sent, with the subject titled; "Is this you?!"

She felt her breath hitch in her throat and her stomach grow into knots as the video began to buffer. There was no way. S had prided itself on their ability to keep a damn secret, so how could Shokichi get access to footage from it? Her palms began to sweat and twitch nervously as her masked up face appeared on the screen before her. They'd captured all of it; start to finish. Cutting off just before Joe had stuck the business card within her hand. Her made up name was displayed across the screen, dubbing "Star" as the winner.

"Hey, what're we doing today, Ms. Saito?"

"W-What?" The teacher had questioned, jumping at the question, not having heard the students walk into the room.

"What're you we doing today?" They repeated. "Please, tell me it's a-"

"You're right." She huffed, quickly clicking off the video and leaning back in her seat as she tried to compose herself. "We're watching a video."

"Score!"

Students began to cheer with one another as they took their seats, anxiously awaiting the educational video that would soon ensue. Or more so, anxiously awaiting the chance to fall asleep at their desk in the dark and avoid any homework. Ms. Saito, on the other hand, was nervously awaiting the familiar sound of wheels against tile - secretly hoping Reki could just skip today like she had so desperately wanted to do. When the sound of wheels rolling came, she felt her heart leap out of her chest. The boy quickly stopped himself before the door, jumping off of his board before entering the room.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Saito." The red head called up, chuckling as he walked in with his board. "I remembered today. Ya proud of me?"

"Sure, Reki." She responded with a weak smile, trying her best to advert her eyes from the boy, but feeling his stare persist nonetheless. "Please, take your seat."