Chapter 14

"Something could be happening to him." I said frustrated with a sour face.

"It's not a good idea Madeline. Please not yet." He said tightening his grip. He was now holding one of my wrist. It was impossible to get out of and I knew that.

"Damon, please. I can't let someone die."

"He might be just fine!" He said jestering to the alley.

"Let me go Damon. I'll be okay." I said. I knew he was worried about me and that's why he was being this way but he count control me and who I am.

"I'm sorry." He said dropping my hand. A single teardrop fell from his eye. I felt bad in some way but I needed to make sure this guy was okay. If I seen on the news the next day someone died in the alley and I could have done something to help I'd hate myself.

I crossed the road and Damon followed behind but at a small distance. The alley was dark when I first peaked around the brick wall. " I can't see anything can you?" I asked Damon.

"We could just walk away." He replied making me scoff. Some help am I right. Slowly I walked forawrd and my eyes slightly adjusted to the darkness. I seen the woman on the ground and the harder I looked I seen it was Stacie. "Madeline please let's go back." He kept pushing but at this point I was too invested.

"Stacie?" I whispered out to see if it was really her. Her head snapped up and she had a thick dark mess around her mouth.

"Mads? What are you doing here?"

My hear was beating sports car fast when I seen below her was the man. His throat, stomach chest everything was ripped apart. She had his fucking heat in her hand and I'm sure that chunk missing was from her taking a bite. I turn around to look at Damon, but it wasnt Damon. It was that image of him I've seen. A dark purple wall surrounded just where we were in the alley. I run to the wall and try to get through but it was impenetrable.

"Please don't hurt me." I sobbed and fell to the ground.

"We would never hurt you Mads. We love you." Stacie said slowing stepping towards me. She had on a black dress and her silver hair was in perfectly done space buns. Her mouth was covered in blood.

"What are you guys?" I asked covering my face. I was afraid to look at them especially Damon who was now taller, more pale, had horns and black stained fingers and eyes.

"Please dont be afraid of me. Please this is not how I wanted this to happen I dodmt think Stacie would be out tonight." Damon said with a soft tone. He touched the ar covering my eyes and slightly tugged. I lowered my arm and he was back to his sweet normal self. For some reason I couldnt help but fall into his arms and cry.

"I'm so sorry guys. I shouldnt have gone out tonight. Cover her ears Damon." Stacie said, and he did just that. I wasn't looking but I heard one loud snap and then he let go. My gaze shifted to Stacie and the man who was no longer there.

We walked back to the apartments and the purple box followed us all the way to Damon's apartment. He sat me down on this couch and by now I was calm. Well, as calm as you can be when you seen your girl crush eat a man, and the guy you like turn into a demon.

"So what's with the box?" I asked looking back and forth leaning back.

"Its a protective magic on Damon here harnesses. It's very good for private conversations." Stacie said. Her face now clean.

"There's no more hiding. We will answer all your questions now." Damon said sitting in the chair not far from the couch. His forearms were resting on his knees and his hair was now tied back in a ponytail holder.

"Who is Demari and why does she look like me? Or why do I look like her?" I asked since I've been thinking about it at least everyday.

"Any easier ones first? We will answer that it's just a lot." Stacie said with a giggle.

"Well, fuck I don't know. How are both of you in my life right now?"

"In a way uts destiny. You see we have been long for your soul for 5 centuries now." Damon replied with a scred tone.

"What the hell do you mean looking for my soul? You guys wanna perform a sacrifice on me?"

"No." Stacie said as they both laughed.

"No supernatural, or immortal being can kill you from what we know and I doubt a human could, even in your human form. You are-"

I cut Damon off. "Okay human body? What are you guys?" I asked getting frustrated.

"I'm an incubus Demon." Damon answered.

Stacie sighed, "And I'm a succubus. What you saw me doing was feeding which I have to do at least once a month to remain in human form on earth."

"I was right. Wow." I said surprised."I would pass out if this was not almost what I expected.  It's much more terrifying in real life but in a way I seen this coming. It just popped into my head sometimes."

"That means the time is coming quicker than I thought. This was definitely meant to happen." Stacie said walking to the window and looking at the night sky.

"What do you mean the time?" I furrowed my eyebrows and followed Stacie's eyes. She was staring at the moon but it appeared so close. I felt it I reached far enough I would touch it.

"Madeline, I need to tell you a story. Its not pretty but it's time you as Madeline know the truth about you and how Demari is connected to you."

______________________________________ I wrote this right after I wrote chapter 13 so I'm happy with myself lmfao. I'm gonna get started on 15 just because I really wanna tell yall the start if the back story. So as always comment so I have fun vote all of that fun stuff I hope you lovvvvveeee it