Chapter 8

We walked into the restaurant and It smelled of liquor and perfumes. Damon was right when he said that the place was fancy. I felt people staring at me and him as a waiter walked us to our reserved table.

"Here is your table. Can I get you anything to drink?" The waiter asked standing in front of our table.

"I'll take a Cherry Bonve," Damon said pulling a chair out for me to sit down. I noticed the waiters' expression changed once he said that.

"I'll take a Coke with no ice," I said before sitting. "So what does Bonve mean? I've literally never heard the word." I asked Damon.

He looked at me for a moment before saying anything. "I don't know. They just made the word up I suppose." I nodded my head. He was lying, but I wasn't going to make a big deal over a word. Not long after the waiter came back and gave us our drinks. "You're not drinking tonight?"

"No. Not after what happened last night." I answered laughing.

"Oh, that makes sense." He then pulled out his phone, and about ten seconds later the egg vibrated. My eyes widened. I wanted to say something but I knew if I opened my mouth everyone would hear me. "What's wrong?" He asked with an evil smirk.

I pressed my lips together. "Nothing," I whispered trying to be as quiet as possible. Although he certainly knew what was wrong. I opened the menu and pretended to be fine when someone approached us. Immediately I assumed it was another waiter but Damon looked at this person with venomous eyes.

"What do you want?" He spat.

"Just to meet this beautiful girl. I can smell her." He said gazing me up and down.

"Excuse me?" I said butting in.

"Oh, she doesn't know. I can tell her do you if you'd like Damon." He said with a fake smile.

"Stop it." He said before getting on his phone and turning the egg off. "I think we should leave Madeline." He grabbed my forearm and stood up.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked concerned. As I stood up the man looked me right in the eyes.

"Pay attention to your dreams beautiful." The man whispered before Damon and I ran out of the restaurant.

"What was wrong with him Damon?" I asked. My eyebrows knotted together. What the hell was that?

"Nothing, we are going back to the apartments. You can spend the rest of the night however you'd like. I need to take care of something." He said speeding down the street.

I kept silent. What did the man mean when he had told me to pay attention to my dreams? We hadn't talked for the rest of the drive, and when we arrived at the apartments he didn't even glance at me. That man must have really upset him.

As I go to unlock my door, Damon grabbed my arm and spun me around. "We can't do this anymore. It can get dangerous." He said looking at me with his piercing golden eyes.

"Are you serious right now?" I said with narrow eyes, before yanking my arm from his grip.

He paused for a moment. Inside I was hoping he would just change his mind. "Yes. I have people that would hurt you so they can get to me. I can't risk either of us getting attached." I pressed my lips together making a straight line on my face. There were plenty of things I wanted to say to him believe me, but I didn't. Instead, I turned around and went inside my apartment slamming the door shut. I barely even knew Damon if I was being realistic. Literally, I don't know his last name or his birthday. Really when I narrow it down I know his address and first name. Nothing else, and I was already constantly thinking about him.

After I got out of my thoughts and rushed back to the door to see if he was still standing there. Of course, he wasn't. I shouldn't be surprised either, because I wouldn't have stayed.

* * *

A few days had passed, and Damon and I still haven't spoken. Iv'e has been regularly texting this guy I met at the bar named Leaum. He was a tall brunet with tattoos. Exactly my type right. Sometimes the way he spoke or texted, reminded me of Damon.

"What are you lolly gaggin' about we have to go in there soon," Stacie said making me wake up from my daydream.

"Sorry, I'm just thinking about-"

"Damon. I know he told me he wasn't going to talk to you anymore."

"Why?" I asked with a frown.

She shook her head and sighed. "He's just got a lot of enemies. Even I know they would hurt you in many ways. Even him being seen with you puts you at risk. I don't think that you have to worry about who your around though. It's not like he took you anywhere."

My eyebrows knotted together. "Wait, wait. He did. He took me to this place called La Bonve or something like that. Some man walked up and said he could smell me and he started to piss Damon off, like really bad. That's when we left and he said we couldn't talk anymore."

Stacie's face went dark. Everything about her vibe had changed. "Why did he take you there?" She asked. Her teeth were gritted together.

"I- I don't know. Why?"

"Nothing." She said going back to her bubbly voice. "But seriously. Be careful who comes around you now. Anything could be a trap." The doors to the bar opened before I could say anything. It was Bonnie and Tracy leaving for the day.

"Oh, neither of you wanna stay and help us for the night?" I asked jokingly.

"No, no, no sis. That is all you." Tracy answered with a chuckle.

"Hey, we are all hanging out tonight. I just wanted to let you all know this." Stacie said raising an eyebrow. Even though I hate being around people, and it was bad enough I was a bartender I really needed a night for fun.

"I think we should hang out at my place. I have weed." I said before laughing.

"Well, I know where I'm going tonight," Bonnie said walking over to stand next to me.

"Okay, it's settled. Stacie will text you guys. I'm going inside to get my shift going." I said before walking inside. I walked behind my booth to get everything together. While grabbing every single liquor bottle I could, I heard a cough behind me that was clearly saying 'excuse me'. I spun around to meet the bright blue eyes of Leaum.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello. Sorry for the late update I got really sad but Im back and im really trying. Iv'e decided to start writing on my computer instead of my phone but i cant get grammarly on here like I have on my phone. So if there is any mistakes please let me know so I can go fix them.

PLEASE COMMENT SUGGESTIONS OR MESSAGE ME!!!