Chapter 3

I rolled over not wanting to get out of bed. My eyes were still shut but I was awake. Just go back to sleep. My eyes popped open before I groaned.

"Why can't I sleep in on my day off!" I shouted at myself. My eyes shifted to the clock on my nightstand and it was already 2:30 p.m. This was going to be a boring day. I stood up and walked over to my closet to choose my clothes for the day. Instantly I picked my yellow off the shoulder crop top and some blue skinny jeans. Hopefully, this shower will help me relax. Ever since I met Damon I haven't thought about much other than him.

I got in the shower letting the hot water hit my body. After I got out and threw on some clothes I decided to knock on Damon's door. Before the door opened I thought about if he would think it's weird for me to randomly stop by randomly. I just wanted to hang out with someone today. The door opened and there stood Damon with no shirt exposing the tattoos all over his arms and chest.

"Well, hello. Enjoying the view?" He asked putting forearm to lean.

"I- uh, " I stopped for a moment to catch my breath. "I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me today. It's my day off and I have nothing to do." My voice was confident.

"You don't have any friends?" He asked with an amused look.

"Yes, I do. But I thought it would be cool to make a new friend." I said smiling like a child.

He raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I guess we can hang out. What is it exactly that you'd like to do?"

"I hadn't thought about that yet. We could hang out at my house if you want." I suggested.

"Okay. Let me get dressed and I'll be over." He said with a wink. I felt my cheeks burning red. He closed the door and I walked back to my apartment. Just in case anything you know, freaky happens I put on a red thong and push up bra. I changed into some skinny jeans that flattered my butt, and a black tank top.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump. I walked over and opened the door meeting Damon's eyes.

A smile crept on my face as I notice I had been standing there far too long. "Hey, uh- come in," I said stepping to the side to let him in. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something?"

"Sure." He said before walking in and sitting on the couch. "What do you want to watch?" He asked leaning back. I watched as his arm stretched behind his head showing his strong arm muscles. He was wearing a white T-shirt and black jeans with a chain hanging off of it.

"I was thinking The Conjuring part two. Or something scary like that." I said pushing my sexual thoughts of him out of my head.

"Err- sure. You like movies like that?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I scoffed. "What do I look like a pussy? I grew up watching scary movies like this. Especially paranormal."

"Okay tough guy." He said raising his hands.

I put the movie in and walk over to sit next to him. What if he didn't want me to sit next to him? This is embarrassing. Suddenly his arm shifted behind my head as if he was trying to make me comfortable. Okay, maybe he did want me close to him.

About 30 minutes into the movie and a jump scare happened. I could feel Damon's eyes on me as I didn't jump and continued to watch the movie. "You're not gonna get scared and squirm into my side for protection?" He asked with a playful tone.

I laughed at his remark. "No, I don't get scared of ghosts and demons. I do believe in them though. Growing up I was told by this nun, that my birth mother was always aware of spirits and other things. Come to find out her and I are 'gifted', but the only thing I'm good at is knowing when something or someone bad is around. The best way to not get possessed by a demon is to pretend not to be scared."

"Sounds like you know your facts about demons." He said looking down at me.

"Yeah, I guess so. I use to want to study demonology but I went to school for liquor as you see." I said with a sarcastic smile.

He chuckled. "Well, I'm glad I met you as a bartender and not a demonologist." He stated.

"Why is that?"

"Because you would probably be to smart for me to handle." His tone was serious.

"Maybe I already am." I said with the same serious tone. My eyes peeked over to Damon to see his expression to see that he was smirking.

"Are you talking back?" He asked raising an eyebrow. That same smirk was still plastered on his face.

"What would you do about it?" I asked with a sassy hint.

His head snapped over to look at me. I peeled my eyes away from him to look back at the movie, but he grabbed my face and forced me to look him in the eyes. I started to have a feeling and it was the same one I was talking about when I talked about my moth and how we were 'gifted'.

"I'd have to show you what happens to disrespectful little girls." He said through his teeth. His jaw was clenched and I felt like I was literally melting onto the couch. "But it's not a punishment if you like it too much."

I squeezed my legs together trying to do something about the tension between them. His eyes shot down as he realized what was happening. What was about to happen? Suddenly there was a sudden knock on the door. Who the hell could that be? I yanked my face out if Damon's grasp. My eyes moved to him to see his jaw clenched. I looked opened the door to find Stacie standing there with a bunch of food in her hands. How the hell did she know where I lived? I hadn't even given it to her yet.

I opened my mouth to speak but Stacie spoke first. "Damon texted me and told me you guys were gonna watch a movie and said that you lived in the apartment right across from his. So I decided to come 'nd hang out too." She said with a smile making sure the food was noticed.

"Yeah, come in," I said opening the door more to let her in. Watching her sit down I notice she far away from Damon. Probably to give me the space next to him. "Thank you for the chips."

"No problem. You looked like a barbeque chips person." She said as I started to munch on some.

"How so?" I asked with a laugh.

"I don't know. You just do."

We continued to watch the rest of the movie which was only forty-five minutes left. Stacie eventually fell asleep leaving me practically alone with Damon.

"Would you like to see how my house is decorated?" Damon suddenly whispered.

"Um- sure." knotted my eyebrows together in confusion. Not many people ask you if you'd like to see how their house is decorated every day. I silently laughed to myself.

"I know that was a weird question, but I think you'd like it." He said slightly smiling.

"Okay. Let's go then."

He stood up and grabbed my hand quietly leading me out my door and into his. When we walked in I notice a black couch, black curtains, black rugs, black countertops but the cabinets are white so I had to give him that. Overall though everything was black, and I did like it.
______________________________________
Well, its 6:22 am and I haven't slept yet. If you are reading this thank you bro, I appreciate you.