cHaPtEr NiNeTeEn: Unknown People

3 months later

My eyes open to a very bright room, putting my hand over my eyes to adjust to the light. I turned my head to see flowers, teddy bears and balloons.

"Miss Martinez your awake, you are at the hospital" a doctor said to me checking everything.

"W-what happened?" I asked seeing a cast around my leg.

"You have been in a coma for 3 months Miss Martinez , you got into a car accident." The doctor explained

"Oh okay." I just said looking up at the ceiling.

"Would you like me to contact your parents Tell them you are awake"

"Yes"I asked confused.

"Oh honey you are awake" mom came into the room hugging me.

"Finally, you scared me sis" sis?

"Hey, where's dad?" I ask

"He is just getting all the paperwork, needed" mom replied

"That makes a lot of sense, um when can I get out of here? I don't like hospitals"

"You should be able too today, we can go back to the college dorms."my sister said.

"College dorms?" I ask confused.

"We were afraid this might happen to miss Martinez. She damaged a part of her brain, making her not remember anything from the past year." The doctor told us.

"How can we get the memories back?" Liz asked

"We ain't positive you can it's a severe damage, miss Martinez will be having a lot of pain to the head for the next month or so on."

I watched as my sister and mom looks at me with tears, and dad looked sad too when he came in halfway through.

"Hey, it's not that bad. I still remember you all, nothing so important probably even had happened the past year." I told them giving a smile.

"I wouldn't say that Leo" Elizabeth replied.

"The paperwork is done Leo can go back to the dorms with Liz. Someone else already payed for the bill" dad said changing the topic.

"Miss Martinez, here are pain killers for when needed take only one they are really strong. Also a inhaler as it seems you asthma is back, we found out" the doctor handed them to my mother.

"More pills to add to my collection" I joked earning a little laugh from liz and a disappointment face from mom.

Time skip

"Make sure you take care of her liz and if anything happens call us straight away"

"Yes bye mom and dad"

"Bye"

We walk up to the dorms and I sat on my bed looking at my phone. As liz was taking to me about my schedule.

"Hey liz? Who's on my wallpaper?"

I turn my phone to her, the wallpaper was someone cuddling me with there head in my neck so I couldn't see there face. But I was smiling very widely, who ever this person was made me happy.

"Well when you started college you met someone and you had this thing going on, I didn't really know what it was." She explained a little.

"So kinda like my girlfriend?" She nodded in response and then a boy burst through the door and hugged me before kissing liz.

"I can't believe you are awake, class is so boring without you" he said happy, and Liz whispered something in his ear.

"Oh, you don't know who I am"

"No I don't am I meant to and what are you doing kissing my sister."

"Leo it's okay you approved of him and he knows about Mia. You guys a actually friends, it's jack"

"Oh well good to see you again I Guess jack"

"You too Leo"

We were talking for a bit together, Jack was telling me things. After he left I had a shower and changed. Laying on my bed I look back through my phone a lot of photos of me and this woman together. Also looking back at messages her name was natty? Or I used that short for Natasha?. Last we texted was three months ago.

She means important, really important...

But I just can't remember her and she hasn't even reached out so maybe something happened or I'm not as important as I think I was to her.

Week later

I kinda just kept my head down low for the last week

I kinda just kept my head down low for the last week. Everyone was already taking about me and what happened. Teachers are showing my pity for the accident like they actually care. I'm not aloud to do sports and I'm upset about it because I also found out I was on the soccer team and played a important role in it.

Elizabeth would walk me to my classes as I had no idea where I was going, the map I got given was 50 years old. So it did help, when Liz couldn't walk me she would get jack too. I found out we were in a few classes together and that Russian used to be a good class for me.

Right now that was were me and jack were walking to Russian was in the language building on the other side of campus in the L block. I haven't been to the class yet I would normally have to much of a migraine and wanted to pass out.

The bell rang as we walked in, I saw people taking seats and the professor was writing on the board some words I'm presuming Russian.

"Everyone take you seats"

I watched her turn around and her eyes immediately lock with mine...