And Dream couldn't kill him

Chapter 1

The boy stumbled through the woods, running on pure adrenaline. Blinding pain was pulsing through his leg but he had to keep running. Twigs and leaves and branches kept getting in his face, he could barely see where he was going and the sweat in his eyes was certainly not helping.

He couldn't go much further. His leg was bound to give up on him any second. He couldn't hear it behind him anymore, so maybe he was safe.

The boy collapsed against a large tree, sticking out his injured leg and letting his head fall against the trunk. He was panting and wincing, and didn't want to look at the injury yet.

"Fuck." He said, it coming out as nearly a whimper as he tried to regain his breathing.

He had to hold his breath to be quiet. He had to listen for sounds. But he could no longer hear the creature, so he decided he was safe for now.

He twisted to pull his backpack into his lap, and started rummaging through it.

"Bandages. Bandages." He mumbled to himself, until the item itself appeared. He pulled out his water bottle too and took a deep breath before looking down at his leg properly.

The blood was soaking through his pants, and the material was all torn up. With a prayer on his tongue, he carefully ripped the rest of the material off his calf with his knife.

The boy let out a sigh of relief, when he saw it wasn't a bite, just a deep cut and multiple scratches. If it was a bite, he'd be screwed.

He shoved the cloth that was already covering the lower half of his face into his mouth as he shakily held the water bottle above his leg. He took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes shut as he let water fall onto the torn up flesh.

The pain was almost blinding and he had to keep his pained yells quiet. It made his eyes tear up.

He kept the cloth in his mouth as he bandaged the leg too. The blood was already soaking through, but he had no other options. And it was the last of his bandages.

So long as the bleeding stopped soon, he would be fine.
He just wished that he wasn't alone.

The last drops of water fell on Dream's tongue, leaving a bitter taste behind. The boy swallowed with a grimace and shook the flask, nudging it against the boy beside him who was sharpening his axe.

"I'm out again." He quickly pulled up his face mask.

"Fuck. Your entire stash?" Sapnap responded.

"Yup." He twisted the lid on with a sigh, shoving the bottle back into his bag and running his hands through his slightly greasy hair. "How far are we from the tank?"

"Several miles. Think you can last?" He was asked. With a sigh, Dream nodded and stood up, kicking the rocks beneath his feet in a childish act.

"We've gone days without water before. I think I can last." He said. Sapnap shrugged and strapped his axe to his backpack, and stood up as well.

"Well, thought I'd check, since last time you were being a little bitch about it." He said. Dream gave him a rough shove as he began to walk, Sapnap's chuckle following.

"I was not being a little bitch."

"You were so! Oh, I'm ever so thirsty. I wish I had some water, I'd even drink my own piss. Oh I'm going to die. I can't go another minute without-"

"Shut the fuck up."

They continued on in silence, shifting so that Dream was leading the way. Sapnap liked this method, since Dream would get rid of any spider webs and do all the hard navigating for him. The only downside was the branches that would flick back in his face. Dream claims they were unintentional but Sapnap was yet to prove it.