Revolving

Chapter 16

TW// implied suicide

"No, Quackity." Karl yelled at the knock on the door. Sapnap was lying down, head in Karl's lap, dead asleep. He didn't even wake up at the shout.

Quackity had been trying to get in for the past few hours. Even though they were in lockdown still. Karl had only just managed to get Sapnap some water before coaxing him to sleep. He refused to eat. Not without Dream and George.

"Karl?" It was a woman's voice, and Karl sat up.

"Holly?" Karl called out. He quickly glanced down at Sapnap. "Come in please."

The woman entered, looking nervous. Her hair was blonde, but a few grey hairs were appearing. Her green eyes were kind and bright, and they locked onto Sapnap immediately. Those eyes immediately started watering, and she ran over, crouching by the bed and putting a shaky hand on Sapnap's hair.

"He's alive." She breathed out.

"Karl?" Sapnap stirred, and Karl held his breath as Sapnap groggily blinked open his eyes. It took him a moment to focus on the woman in front of him. "Oh. Hi Holly. Is it dinner time already?"

"Oh, Sapnap." She laughed, wiping her eyes. "If you're hungry, it is."

And then it seemed to hit Sapnap, and he bolted upright into a sitting position, blinking furiously. It took him only a few moments to fully process, before he lept forward and engulfed the woman into a hug, nearly knocking her over. Karl panicked, reaching out to steady them, but the woman just laughed, and hugged him back.

"We went to your house! We did. It was the first thing we did, you know." Sapnap began to cry. "Right after we got out we ran straight to you and you weren't there, no one was so we had to move on and it was horrible because how could you be dead it wasn't possible and Dream-" Sapnap took a breath and suddenly leaned backwards. "Clay!" He screamed, making Karl jump. Holly's eyes widened at the mention of her son. "I lost him. Oh my god I killed him. I killed you son."

"No, no, no." Karl pulled Sapnap back, looking at Holly. "Clay's alive. Him and Sapnap arrived at the same time, but Quackity didn't know who he was and turned away. He's out there at the moment, but he's alive."

Holly then smiled, lip trembling and she looked at Sapnap, grabbing his hand.

"Clay's alright?" She asked, clearly trying to hold it together for the boy who was falling apart.

"No." Sapnap moaned. "He's out there without me and he's going to die and it's my fault because he didn't come in with me."

"It's not your fault. We're going to get him back." Karl said, and then looked at Holly. "We will get him back, I promise."

"I know." She grabbed Karl's hand too. "I know my son. I always knew he had survived. He's not going to let one silly little horde of zombies take him out, not this far into the apocalypse and this close to rest. He's a fighter, Sapnap. As I'm sure you know." Sapnap nodded furiously. She stood up and kissed him on the top of the head. "I'm glad you're safe now at least. Drista's here too. She's been asking when she can see you, since we heard about the rogue mission to find you."

"Drista's ok?" Sapnap smiled, still crying. Holly nodded. "You actually sent a mission just to look for me?" He turned to Karl, confused.

"No, actually." Karl sighed, gritting his teeth. "Quackity authorised it behind me back."

"Why?"

"I haven't been having the greatest time." Karl grimaced. "Um. Quackity decided closure would be the best option, so he sent them to go see if you were alive, or if there was a trace of you or something. Honestly I don't know what he was trying to achieve. Holly came to the Haven recently, and when she found out I was the boy that you'd supposedly been talking about a lot, she mentioned how she went to you and Clay's house and saw the sword was missing. It gave me hope I guess."