Disgustingly beautiful smile

Chapter 10

George slept the rest of the night after Dream came back, and Dream let him. He kinda deserved it after abandoning George, and also since George stayed up the night before to take care of Dream.

Dream felt extremely guilty for what he said. And for leaving George after what he'd done for him. He may have a scar because of him, and his bandage is out in the open because he gave his mask to Dream.

"Eat." Dream passed a cup of dry noodles to George, who took it without making eye contact. He hadn't really looked at Dream the whole morning. Dream didn't blame him. He said some horrible things last night.

Dream sighed, and started fiddling with his shoelaces as he sat across from George. He should say something. He should apologise again, explain once more, check if he was ok. I mean, Dream literally said that he didn't care what happened to George. But he does care. More than he expected to. He was just scared. And he's learnt being scared makes him irrational. And apparently lash out. He should say something to George.

"I'm sorry about last night." George said softly, and Dream's head snapped up in shock, staring at the boy. "I, uh... I freaked out a bit."

"What?" Dream shook his head, wrapping his head around the fact that George is the one apologising.

"And you just wanted to find Sapnap. Which is understandable. And you came to look after me instead of looking for him. I'm sorry-"

"Shut up." Dream interrupted, and George looked up with wide eyes. "You're an idiot. Take back your apology."

"Huh?" George blinked. "But I-"

"No. Shut it. Take it back. You shouldn't be the one apologising here, George." Dream said.

"But-"

"No. I was... I said some horrible things to you. I left you. I've been trying to be better to you, because I know I didn't treat you well at the start. And then I went and did that. I do care about you George. I do. And the fact I left makes it seem like I don't. I didn't leave because of you. I left because I also care about Sapnap. And he has no one. It's not fair he's alone. So for some reason I forgot it's not fair for you either. I am sorry. I just need you to know that I do care about you George." Dream speaks fast when he's nervous, but George understood every word.

"I'm worried about him too. I know how much you love him. You've known each other a lot longer than you've known me. You still don't fully trust me and- no, don't say anything." George stopped Dream before he could argue against it. "Even if it's subconscious. Everything you do is for Sapnap. And I understand that in that moment he was your priority. I'm can't be upset about that. I know that already."

"You're important to me too, George. I swear." Dream felt awful.

"Ok. Maybe I believe you. But Sapnap is more important, and that's ok. I'd be concerned if he wasn't."

"I'm sorry." Dream whispered.

"It's fine. I told you that already." George gave him a small smile.

"I won't leave you ever again."

"Seriously?" George snorted. "You can't promise that in an apocalypse."

"I can and I will. I promise I won't ever leave you." Dream said, eyes twinkling with his smile hidden behind the mask.

"What if I leave you first." George dared back.

"Then I'll have to follow."

George shook his head with a smile, and then shuffled closer, gesturing to Dream's arm.