I want normal

Chapter 14

"Shit." Was the word that woke Dream up. Granted, he couldn't sleep very well. Not with how cramped the back seat was, and George lying in a somewhat awkward potion on him.

"What." Tina mumbled, waking up. The car had started slowing down, and Dream's heart sunk that somehow the car had broken down.

"The headlight went out." Foolish said.

"Just the one?" Dream asked, stifling a yawn.

"There was only one working one." Sapnap was awake now, and stretching into Tina's space, who huffed and pushed him away.

Dream leaned over to look out the front window. It was pitch black, and could barely see anything in front of them.

"Slow down." Punz said, looking up as well. Skeppy lifted his head with a wince, looking out the window too.

"I can sort of see the edge of the road. And it's not like there'll be any other cars to hit. Should I keep going?" Foolish asked, driving at a very slow pace.

"I don't like it." Dream said, tightening his hold on George. Unfortunately, that woke him up. George lifted his head up with a groan and winced.

"I have a headache." He announced.

"We all do. We're low on water." Sapnap sighed.

"We are?" Dream asked, looking over in concern. He knew the stash they stole wouldn't last forever, but he hadn't even been keeping track.

"Got one water bottle left." Sapnap grimaced, holding them both up.

"You didn't think to mention that sooner?" Dream stared at him.

"Bitch I've been driving non-stop you think I've been keeping track of our water?"

"We're low on food too." Dream swallowed.

"We get it. No resources in an apocalypse. Get your own issue." Punz scoffed.

"We have resources at the Haven." Tina said calmly. She seemed to be in a better mood then yesterday. Her anger was rightly justified though.

"Hi." George said sceptically, looking at her. It was like he was finally registering there were other people in the car. "Again."

"Yes. Hi." She pursed her lips.

"Sorry for stealing your car." George said, but seemed to be hiding a laugh of some sort. It made Dream want to laugh too.

"Apology not accepted. Yet." Tina said back, but she looked slightly amused.

"I feel like we should introduce ourselves because I've forgotten all your names." George announced, shifting in his seat so he was comfy against Dream, who just let him rearrange himself without complaint.

"Well you're George apparently." Tina said to him. "Sapnap. And Dream." She pointed at the other two. Tina was squeezed in the back with all three of them, and being the smallest she was definitely getting the most squished. But she didn't complain.

"I know our names." George scoffed.

"Right. Tina." She pointed at herself. "Foolish. Punz. Skeppy." She pointed each of them out.

"You're like me." George said to Tina who raised an eyebrow as a question. "We've kept our real names."

"Who said Punz isn't my real name."

"The fact that your name is Punz." George dismissed him.

"How do you know Tina is my real name." Tina dated back.