In a building, not a forest

Chapter 19

TW// suicidal ideations

It wasn't George's screaming that had woken Dream up. No, he was wide awake before that when George started whimpering and turning around in the bed. Dream had panicked a little, trying to hold him and talk to him.

But then George screamed.

It took Dream right back to when he first got bit, and he had no idea what to do. He despised seeing George in pain, like it physically hurt him as well.

"What's wrong. He-" Dream was still in the bed with George, sitting up and holding the screaming and sobbing boy who was writhing around. Sapnap was by his side too, and Karl. "What's going on."

"I don't know. Bad did say he could be in pain again." Karl was typing on his pager already, probably messaging Hannah or someone to help. It has been just about a day since George was given the anti-venom. The veins had faded completely from his legs and stomach and the arm opposite to the bite. But they were still creeping up his neck and covering his cheek, as well as part of his chest, and down to his wrist. They were likely to keep fading though.

"George, can you hear me? It's... it's ok. You'll be ok." Dream tried to soothe him, crying as well, but even if George could somehow hear him, his screams were probably too loud to listen.

"Make it stop." Dream sobbed when Hannah ran into the room, still clutching George despite his thrashing around. "Please."

"I can't give him anything. Not until he's awake." Hannah grimaced, but did come over to do some checks on him, which was difficult with the moving. "We need to wait."

"Make it stop." Dream shook his head. "He's in pain, please."

All at once, George stopped moving, and his screams silenced, his breathing now wheezing from his raw throat. Dream cupped his face, pushing back his hair and wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"George." Dream whispered, as the boy twitched slightly, a soft whimper leaving him again.

George's eyes suddenly snapped open, and he reacted immediately, shoving and kicking himself away from Dream and out of the bed, breathing coming out in choked sobs and his head spinning around in a panic around the room, all wires and tubes tugging off and out of his body from his sudden movement.

"George!" Dream was up now too. Everyone was, but George backed himself up, knocking over tables and tools all while wheezing and flinging his arms around.

"No no no no." George sobbed, clawing at his hair as he stumbled back from the overwhelming crowd of people and bright lights.

"George, hey. It's me." Dream approached, arms out. But George either wasn't listening, or was in too much of a panic to fully understand what was going on.

He scrambled for a weapon, clearly, but there was nothing longer than a needle, so he settled on the next best thing, in his state of shock and panic. He picked up the nearest chair and launched it at the glass window in the door behind him.

It smashed, and George dove for the shards, lifting up two long jagged pieces of glass that he spun around with and held up towards the group of people as a threat. His hands had begun to bleed from being sliced by the glass and how tight he was holding them.

"No no no I need- I need..." George wheezed and squeezed his eyes shut, both hands shaking as he held up the glass. "I need- I need... I need..."

"George." Dream croaked out, approaching more slowly this time. George snapped his eyes open, both shards pointed at Dream. His eyes were bloodshot and it was alarming. Not to mention the darkened veins still on his face and on one of the hands gripping a shard. He looked so scared, so exhausted, so pained. He looked confused, and hopeless and so, so desperate. It hurt.