Just a tiny little bite

Chapter 17

"Dream! George!" Sapnap landed hard on his knees to engulf them into a hug. Dream just leaned towards him, both his own arms still tight around George, who was fighting to get out of his grip.

"Sapnap, Sapnap." George sobbed. "Kill me. Please, kill me." He was begging, and Sapnap pulled back with wide eyes.

"What's happened?" Sapnap asked, looking at Dream, who was crying.

"Punz, Foolish, on the left." A voice ordered, but Dream had tuned out of whatever chaos was happening around them.

"Clay, you're alright!" Karl quickly approached, kneeling next to Sapnap and smiling at Dream, who did not return it. Karl looked down at George, who was scratching at Dream's hands to pull them off.

George had his eyes tightly shut, shaking his head.

"I don't want to. Dream, kill me." He wouldn't stop begging, and it kept breaking Dream's heart.

"George? George." Karl reached out, eyes wide, touching the top of his head, brushing away his hair. "Is that... is that really you? You..."

George opened his eyes, tears making them glisten, but he stopped fighting the second he saw Karl.

"Karl." He croaked out, lips wobbling.

"What the hell are you doing here." Karl felt himself tearing up, hand brushing George's sweaty and dirty hair.

"My layover was in Florida." George responded, voice small, eyes fixed on Karl like he couldn't believe he was real. Dream took the moment of no fighting to pull George closer to his body and wrap his arms around tighter, one hand tight on George's shoulder over the bite.

"I thought you never made it to America, I was... it was the only thing I was relieved about." Karl shook his head. He couldn't believe it.

George seemed like he was almost about to smile, until his face paled, and his body tensed and he sucked in a breath and gritted his teeth. He screamed through his teeth, now writhing in Dream's grip.

"What... what's happening?" Sapnap asked, hands hovering over George, unsure of what to do. The poor boy was screaming and crying and rolling around.

"He..." Dream sobbed. "George, it's okay. It's alright." He cupped George's face delicately, rubbing his cheek.

"Where's the bite." Tina's voice arrived, looking down with a tense jaw and hidden emotions as she watched the scene.

"What?" Sapnap paled, turning to Dream. "What is she talking about."

But Karl knew too. George's screams, the way he writhed on the ground... the darkened veins creeping up his neck from just under his shirt.

"He saved me. He got bit while saving me." Dream was distraught, closing his eyes and hugging George so tight.

Karl reached out, and slowly moved Dream's hand away from George's shoulder. It revealed an ugly bite mark, dark red, pulsing, and black veins creeping away from it. Sapnap gasped at the sight and started shaking his head.

"No." Sapnap whispered, as Karl pulled out his knife and cut George's shirt open, to see how far the dark veins went. "He can't, he-"

"I can do it." Tina said, kneeling to the floor, looking at Sapnap, and then Dream, and then down at George, who was clearly biting his cheek to stop the screaming or the pain.

"Do- do what, he- George is fine. He just... we need to get him to the Haven. Get him... to the Doctor." Sapnap said, desperately. "I mean, look at his chest! That needs bandages and... and maybe stitches again. He- we've had a lot of stitches so far. Haven't we?" He laughed. "Right. He just... we can fix it."