vi. our luxury cruise to alaska

CHAPTER SIX ───────────
✧₊˚。({ OUR LUXURY CRUISE TO ALASKA })

CHAPTER SIX ───────────✧₊˚。({  OUR LUXURY CRUISE TO ALASKA  })

brother     KODALINE  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 20TH,  2010
──────────

THE SECOND COHORT BARRACKS AREN'T much different from the First Cohort ones. The bunk beds lie in rows along the walls and badges and laurels that people have been awarded decorate the bedside tables next to the bunks. Wooden floorboards are shining perfectly under the debris of weapons, armor, and clothes that's been left by their owners who were in a rush to get to the senate meeting on time.

Luis waits at his bunk in agonized boredom. He's been waiting for his sister to finish up with the meeting for about an hour now and the pent-up energy and anxiety inside of him is making all the nerves in his body extremely jumpy. His leg is rapidly bouncing up and down as he stares at the dagger he'd managed to steal back from Elora (it was harder than it sounds).

Then, the barracks' door bangs open. His head snaps up to see Roma now fully dressed in normal clothes with a backpack slung over her shoulder. She has a sour expression on her face as she kicks a helmet aggressively across the floor, storming toward Luis.

"What happened?" the boy asks tentatively, not wanting to aggravate her more than she already is.

"I'm most likely going to die, so bye," she quips.

Luis frowns. "What━ No, just tell me what happened." He shakes his head irritably.

She sighs, kicking something on the floor. It pings across the room as she speaks. "I'm going on a quest," she states simply.

"You━ You mean you're going on that quest? That's a suicide mission!" he exclaims, feeling a pang of panic flit through his body. Trust Roma to accept a quest she knows she going to die in. Hadn't she listened to the stories their Ma had told them about Alaska? Didn't she remember the last time she went on a quest?

"That's what I said!" Roma exclaims, shaking her head and plopping herself down next to Luis. "I don't really want to go but I have to. There are three people from the Fifth going and you know how that's going to end up."

Luis is silent for a moment. "When will you be back?" he asks, fidgeting with a gold ring on his finger.

    Roma sighs and stares out of the window across from them. She can see the senate hall from here and people are beginning to file out, some looking rather glum about the whole situation. Others (like Octavian, that bitch) are looking humorously around, trying to spot the kids about to go on a voyage for the quest that goes straight towards Death━literally.