xx. happy happy hunger games

CHAPTER TWENTY ───────────
✧₊˚。({ HAPPY HAPPY HUNGER GAMES })

CHAPTER TWENTY ───────────✧₊˚。({  HAPPY HAPPY HUNGER GAMES  })

the hanging tree     JAMES NEWTON HOWARD  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 25TH,  2010
──────────

CREEPING AROUND CAMP, TRYING NOT to be seen is one thing. But doing it while you're one of the most popular kids in the entire place is a whole other thing on its own. Especially, when you're trying to avoid the new praetor. Things could get messy if he ever meets her aunt━ergo, embarrassing, life-ending stories and pictures would be shared. Ego-shattering nicknames would be highlighted. Basically a world-ending apocalypse if she's ever heard of one.

    She gingerly steps out of the baths after a quick five minute shower. She'd just gone for a run around camp and a session in the gym. Flo would probably slap her if she'd shown up on her doorstep drenched in sweat.

          Everyone is already out and about, going around their day. No one notices her streak off down the hill and into the city. Terminus stops her to examine her for weapons and scrutinizes her wary expression suspiciously. "You look like you're up to something, Roma Ronero . . . I'll find out what it is, don't you worry."

          Roma gives him a sarcastic thumbs up and dashes the rest of the way down the path before slipping in between a bakery and a flower store as a short cut. She glances back every now and then to make sure no one's following her. Fat chance she'd be able to see them, though. The canopied roofs hide the alleys from most of the sun. Consequently, giving a stalker the chance to closely follow her without being easily spotted.

          When she reaches the end of the alleyway, she's quick to dash over the road and duck behind the porch fence of her aunt's house. It's not been in use since the end of February but still, there's no dust build up or anything of the sort. Flo must've got to work already. How she has the motivation to clean so much after a thirty-four hour flight, Roma has no idea.

          Roma takes a deep breath, bracing herself for the onslaught that's oncoming and goes to knock the door.

          "Hi, Ro."

          "Ay, fok," Roma gasps, whipping around to find Percy grinning at her innocently with some sort of scroll held tightly in his hands.

          "Hi," he repeats. "Did you just wake up?"

          She glares at him. "Go away, Jackson. Stop stalking me."