xxxii. i embarrass the shit out of myself

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO ───────────
✧₊˚。({  I EMBARRASS THE SHIT OUT OF MYSELF  })

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO ───────────✧₊˚。({  I EMBARRASS THE SHIT OUT OF MYSELF  })

" champagne problems TAYLOR SWIFT "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 30TH, 2010
──────────

ROMA HAD SOMEHOW MANAGED TO sleep through five monster attacks and Piper and Jason's mini-quest to the Pillars of Hercules. She didn't find that out until later on when they finally talked and caught her up on everything. But for now, she wakes to the moonlight casting white shadows across her room with little knowledge of the past few hours. Her face feels weird from all the crying she'd done earlier and she's still in the same clothes as yesterday.

Her stomach makes a sound of protest and she rolls around in her bed to notice a plate of cold chicken nuggets on her bedside table. For some reason, she feels like Leo was the one that put them there. Like it was a little joke between them because of their drunken state before the eidolons had been expelled out of their bodies. A small and reluctant smile makes its way onto her face and she quickly takes two of them.

The ship rocks peacefully as she slowly gets up from her bed and stumbles over to the bathroom to wash her face and teeth and take a quick bathroom break.

She rustles through her drawers for some clothes and takes out a pair of black leggings and a random hoodie she doesn't look at the color of. It's only when she slips it over her head does she notice the dark blue color of it in the mirror. She scowls and goes to take it off when she suddenly gets a weird feeling. Like something is off. She concentrates, trying to figure it out.

Her back straightens in panic. The Argo II had stopped moving.

Roma turns to look out of the circular window above her bed and sure enough, the water is at a standstill, lapping against the glass like the tide to sand.

She crawls over her bed with socked feet and peers out the window for any sign of suspicious activity. It's dark and the only source of light is the half-moon in the sky that only makes the edges of the dark waves glow a low white.

A noise from outside her room startles her. She whips around, Imperial Gold sword appearing in her shaking hands. Adrenaline pumps through her veins as she silently jumps off her bed and moves toward her door.

There's muffled whispering and squeaking and what she thinks are sounds of defiance. Like someone's been gagged but they're still trying to scream for help.