xxiv. we steal bourbon and an xbox

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ───────────
✧₊˚。({  WE STEAL BOURBON AND AN XBOX  })

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ───────────✧₊˚。({  WE STEAL BOURBON AND AN XBOX  })

" shut up and drive RIHANNA "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 25TH, 2010
──────────

AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, a flustered Piper agreed to accompany her to the mall despite her hatred for all things shopping. Now that is an oxymoron if Roma has ever heard of one. A daughter of Ve━ Aphrodite who doesn't like shopping. Ironically, Roma actually likes to shop even as a daughter of the war god. Not that she would ever admit that to anyone. Like ever.

         "This place is bigger than I thought."

        The two girls stand by a moderately large fountain that spits water into the air at regular intervals. Underwater lights glare through long-forgotten coins and grime. Indoor trees dot the circular part of the virtually empty mall. In an hour or so, the stores would be beginning their close-up routines for the day.

        A massive black archway connects two sides of the mall, providing a glass shelter for some of the first floor of the mall. The sinking sun is the only thing that can be seen in the darkening sky.

        Coincidentally, a large Urban Outfitters store takes up most of the floor Frank had dropped the two next to. Instead of staying with them, though, he'd reluctantly had to go and third wheel Percy and Annabeth at the roofing store a few blocks away, leaving Roma and Piper to their own devices. Which, honestly, is a bad idea. Roma will definitely get carried away with the shopping and Piper will let her.

         "Yeah," Piper says, glancing around not really knowing what to say. Usually, she's fairly good with making conversation but her mind is frazzled. Roma kind of intimidates her despite Piper having like four inches over her. And Piper is a totally disbelieving at the fact she willingly agreed to go shopping. What is wrong with her?!

         "Come on," Roma gestures, tilting her head toward the Urban Outfitters. "Let's get this done quick so we can look around for a bit." 

        They use the bank card Annabeth gave Roma back on the Argo II. Roma wanted to ask where she'd got it and how much money was in it but didn't want to stick around talking to the girl any longer than she had to. All she knows is that apparently it isn't Annabeth's money so spending the hell out of it won't damage her, unfortunately.

        The cashier gives them weird looks when they pile enough clothes for half of the Fifth Cohort at camp onto the counter. It's even more awkward when they start scanning the pairs of boxers Roma had made Piper pick out for Jason, Percy, Leo, and Frank. Roma grits her teeth throughout the whole thing and does nothing but slot the card into the machine and punch in the digits. By the end of the whole ordeal, both of them have to haul one heavy bag each out of the store. A few of the security guards outside give them suspicious looks. And as Roma and Piper make their way deeper into the mall, two of the guards in particular try to inconspicuously follow them.