xviii. i put a bullet in a freakin' glacier

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({  I PUT A BULLET IN A FREAKIN' GLACIER  })

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ───────────✧₊˚。({  I PUT A BULLET IN A FREAKIN' GLACIER  })

" stayin alive BEEGEES "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 24TH, 2010
──────────

IT FEELS LIKE ALCYONEUS IS constantly just staring at Percy. Not that she blames him, Percy's nice to stare at.

"I've followed your progress, son of Neptune," Alcyoneus tells him. "Your fight with Kronos? Well done. Gaea hates you above all others . . . except perhaps for that upstart Jason Grace." The mention of her best friend has listening even more intently into the conversation. "I'm sorry I can't kill you right away, but my brother Polybotes wishes to keep you as a pet. He thinks it will be amusing when he destroys Neptune to have the god's favourite son on a leash. After that, of course, Gaea has plans for you." His beady eyes narrow in on Roma. "For you too. I've heard things about you. Rumors. You mean something to the gods. You mean something to Gaea. Tell me, why is that?"

Roma purses her lips. "I've been asked that twice already, I have no fucking idea. Ask Gaea yourself, I'm sure you're not that incompetent."

Alcyoneus rumbles with laughter. "Feisty, this one."

Roma's lips twitches irritably. Her sword appears in her hand, it glows orange as soon as she touches the handle. She stares at it in surprise, it sizzles in the air like bacon on a frying pan.

"Wait," Hazel says. "I raised this monster from the earth. I'm the daughter of Pluto. It's my place to kill him."

"Ah, little Hazel." Alcyoneus plants his frozen staff on the ice. His dark hair glitters with millions of dollars' worth of gems. "Are you sure you will not join us of your own free will? You could be quite . . . precious to us. Why die again?"

Hazel glares at him fiercely and pulls something wrapped in a piece of cloth from her jacket. She glances at Frank. "Are you sure?"

He nods and she tosses him the cloth. "You're my best friend, too, Frank. I should have told you that. Do what you have to. And Percy, Roma . . . can you protect him?"

Percy examines the army ready to absolutely demolish them and Roma sighs defeatedly. Percy shrugs. "Against a small army? Sure, no problem."

Just as Roma mumbles reluctantly. "Sure, let's die painfully."

Frank kneels next to Thanatos' chains as Hazel charges at the giant, riding Arion. Thanatos shakes his head. "It will not light, Frank Zhang. Not for this."