xiv. labyrinth mems and frank freaks out

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({  LABYRINTH MEMS AND FRANK FREAKS OUT  })

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ───────────✧₊˚。({  LABYRINTH MEMS AND FRANK FREAKS OUT  })

" another one bites the dust QUEEN "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 23RD, 2010
──────────

THE WALLS OOZE DEATH AND torture. It echoes malevolence and destruction. She can't hear anything but the pounding of her own heart and the clicking of her shoes against the metal floors. The hallway breathes warm air into her face. It taunts her. It cackles in her ear. I will destroy you and your mind, it whispers.

A hand touches her shoulder for a millisecond and she flinches.

"Do you recognize anything?" a girl asks, her voice is rough and has a New York twang to it. "Surely something looks familiar."

Roma glares at the blonde girl. "No, I don't. I said I'll tell you when I see something. Stop annoying me! I'm looking for people too."

The other girl tuts and tightens her grip on her spear. "I can do this on my own, you know? I don't need you. I can just kill you and be on my fucking way."

Roma scowls in annoyance and gestures to the girl's spear. "Clarisse, I don't care if you try to shove that pathetic stick up my ass. I'm not leaving this place until I find my family. And you can try to kill me but remember I'm a Roman and you're a Greek. You are crazy. I am not."

Clarisse charges towards her with an infuriated look but Roma just sighs irritably and stalks away.

"You're a coward!"

Roma's blood boils. "Yes, I'm such a coward," she exclaims, turning around and realizing Clarisse is much further away than she anticipated. "I'm still sitting in the Labyrinth even though we've passed three exits already." She grits her teeth and tries to calm herself. "Look, we both want the same thing here. I want to find my Ma and sister and you want to find your little friend."

She clenches her jaw and moves closer to her. "His name's Chris."

"Whatever, we have to work toge━"

A loud creak sounds from down another hallway. They both freeze, and Roma's sword is out in an instant. Clarisse's electric spear sizzles in the dimness. The girl had called it Maimer. Roma had deemed it, Lamer.