xxiii. i plan a hit on leo and octavian

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ───────────
✧₊˚。({  I PLAN A HIT ON LEO AND OCTAVIAN  })

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ───────────✧₊˚。({  I PLAN A HIT ON LEO AND OCTAVIAN  })

" independent woman pt. 1 DESTINY'S CHILD "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 25TH, 2010
──────────

GRACE AND LEO WAKE WITHIN seconds of each other. And when the girl realizes he's next to her, she jumps up suddenly as awake as a kid on Christmas Eve. Immediately, she's looking for some sort of weapon and while Roma appreciates her efficiency, Leo would not get a beating on Annabeth's watch. Something about he's apart of our team just as much as you are. Bunch of fucking bullshit, if you ask her. And who even put Annabeth in charge anyway?!

"Grace! Grace, calm down. It's fine. He's not gonna hurt you," Roma says, taking hold of both Grace's arms and ignoring the blood dripping down the girl's face. When her frantic eyes meet hers, Roma becomes nervous. One of Grace's best friends had just died. How is she supposed to tell someone that their best friend just died? That's not something they teach in school.

          Leo winces, clutching his head and cricking his neck. "I feel like those three times Nyssa hit me on the head with a pocket wrench," he groans.

          Roma has no idea who Nyssa is but she'd like to personally invite the girl to her funeral as a special VIP guest because whoever has the common sense to whack Leo with a pocket wrench thrice is her new best friend.

          Grace glares at the boy. "Good. You hit me with a chair!"

"Uh, right," Leo grins sheepishly. "Sorry about that. Guess your face was too annoying."

          Grace lunges for him. Leo scampers back quickly. "I'm kidding!" he exclaims in a high-pitched voice. "I'm kidding. I don't know why I did that. I don't know why I started blowing up the Roman camp. It just . . . happened."

          Roma scoffs. "It just happened. Okay, Leo. Wanna explain to me how it just happened?"

"Um, not really, no."

          Annabeth appears back from the helm just as Dragon Frank drops Piper and an unconscious Jason onto the deck and shifts back into their usual baby-faced teenager.

"What the Styx, Leo?!" Annabeth exclaims.

          Percy decides now would be a good time to help Piper take Jason below deck. He's smart for that because an angry faun stomps into view just as soon as the three leave.