xix. it's the final countdownnnn

CHAPTER NINTEEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({ IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWNNNN })

CHAPTER NINTEEN ───────────✧₊˚。({  IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWNNNN  })

the final countdown     EUROPE  "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 24TH,  2010
──────────

THEY'RE, BY FAR, THE STRANGEST Roman cavalry ever seen in the history of Roman cavalry. Which is to say; very strange. With Arion and Mrs O'Leary around, Percy and Hazel don't need to run. The same can't be said for Roma. But she hitches a quick ride in the back of the chariot all the way down the hill as Frank turns into a bald eagle and flies over the battle. That shit is crazy.

   When they reach the bottom of the 40-foot hill, Roma jumps off the chariot and straight into her second battle of the day.

   Her aim is to get to Luis. She can see the manticore above the crowd. She hopes it won't be too long until she reaches him. She's not letting Luis die from a manticore. No. She's not. Not after the bite on her stomach. Not after Ma. Not after Ma.

   Roma lets out a loud angry war cry and charges at the first monster she sees. Who so happens to be a Cyclopes. She feels kind of bad when she slashes at the back of their legs with her sword and then stabs them through the gut. They disintegrate in an instant, spraying ashes all over her. Thank the gods, it stays dead.

   The other three stay behind and help their cohort get more weapons and armor while she slips straight into battle. Luis is the only person on her mind.

   A buff centaur with massive arms chucks an empty beer bottle at her face. She blocks it with her sword and lets the bits of glass rain over her before swinging the sword upwards at the drunk horse-guy's hands. The poor guy is too out of his mind to have actually brought a weapon to the battle. Her sword slices right through his hands and spurts blood all over her face. The pain is a big enough distraction for her to get closer and materialize the pistol out of nowhere again and shoot the centaur in the heart.

   And then it's onto the next mini battle.

   Briefly, she hears the Third Cohort shout louder than before. She presumes they saw the eagle.

   She kills centaur after centaur, Cyclopes after Cyclopes. There are even monsters she's never seen before running about trying to kill her. Pretty teenage girls with perfectly wavy hair and blood sucking fangs protruding from their mouths. Massive hairy women-dog-things with razor sharp claws. And━oh fuck that━the eagle-things are back!