xii. stab stab stab, spit spit spit

CHAPTER TWELVE ───────────
✧₊˚。({  STAB STAB STAB, SPIT SPIT SPIT  })

CHAPTER TWELVE ───────────✧₊˚。({  STAB STAB STAB, SPIT SPIT SPIT  })

" softcore THE NEIGHBOURHOOD "

{ ROMA }
JUNE 22ND, 2010
──────────

HYLLA IS SOMETHING OF A mix between a mystery and an open book to Roma. An open book because of the similarities between her and Reyna, whom she's known for years. And a mystery because of how different she is from anyone she's ever met at the same time.

      Roma doesn't trust Queen Hylla. But the girl never trusts anyone anyway, not even the people at camp. Only three guards are left in the room. All of them keep their respective distances.

      The queen only has two daggers on her person. One in her hand and one, Roma senses, in the side of her right boot. Still, Roma isn't as confident as she usually is when facing up the odds of a fight. These Amazons clearly know what they're doing and they're most likely trained in both Greek and Roman styles of fighting. If she could summon a weapon big enough to distract them, then maybe she could get the four of them out of there before the women even know what's going on.

      Unfortunately, Hylla seems to be reading her thoughts. "Forget about escape. Of course, we'd respect you for trying. But we'd have to kill you." she says to the both of them.

      Roma shrugs. "Might be worth a shot,"

      The woman raises her eyebrows and smiles a little. "I can see how you and Reyna get along so well . . . I believe you come in peace. I believe she sent you."

         "But you won't help?" Hazel asks with a frown.

Hylla studies the necklaces she'd taken from Percy. "It's complicated," she explains. "Amazons have always had a rocky relationship with other demigods━especially male demigods. We fought for King Priam in the Trojan War, but Achilles killed our queen, Penthesilea. Years before that, Hercules stole Queen Hippolyta's belt━this belt I'm wearing. It took us centuries to recover it. Long before that, at the very beginning of the Amazon nation, a hero named Bellerophon killed our first queen, Otrera."

Roma sighs. Of course! Another servant of Gaea to defeat which in turn would delay them yet another hour or so to get to Alaska.

"You mean the lady━" asks Hazel.

"━who just left, yes. Otrera, our first queen, daughter of Ares."